Display Field Description - Without Tooltip

14 years 3 months ago #124236 by randomsam
This may be really easy but I cannot find the answer for the life of me.

In "Update your Profile" I have the Field Title displayed, then the input box, then the tooltips. In an ideal situation I would like the ability to disable the tooltip for certain fields and display the description text to the right of the input box.

If this is not possible I would be quite happy with keeping the tooltips but really need the ability to display the description text to the right of them.

In case my explanation makes no sense I have attached a screenshot. (I would like the description in the positions shown by red boxes)

I'm using Joomla 1.5.15, CB 1.2.1 and the default CB Template.

Any help would be great as I get the feeling it's driving me slightly mad:-)

Post edited by: randomsam, at: 2010/02/13 01:24

Post edited by: randomsam, at: 2010/02/13 01:28
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #124390 by krileon
Sorry, this is not doable without some form of custom CB plugin to change how tooltips are handled. You'll likely need to use a CB trigger within your CB plugin to accomplish it as well; please see tutorials in my signature for CB trigger usage. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 weeks ago #130383 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re:Display Field Description - Without Tooltip
Perhaps it should be a feature in an upcoming version. I've been looking for this option for days, didn't realize it didn't exist. Something simple like "Display desription as:" and then a choice of "Tooltip" or "Text". Tooltips just aren't very intuitive for this, especially when the description contains a lot of text for instructions.

14 years 3 weeks ago #130443 by krileon
It's possible it maybe a feature sometime in the future, but to my knowledge nothing of such is planned. It is doable with a new CB plugin which utilizes triggers and basically removes the JS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn