Trying to reigster new user while logged in

14 years 2 months ago #126036 by kerr325
I recently installed CB and am utilizing the Joomla component Appointment Booking Pro.

Appointment Booking Pro allows you to select users from a drop down list and it auto populates the fields based on their CB info, name, email, phone, etc.

I would like to be able to register new users while logged in.

I've been working on this all day, and have been able to allow to write code that allows me to get the registration screen when logged in, however, when I click submit it says I'm not authorized to view this page.

Anyone have any thoughts? It would be much appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #126240 by krileon
You could need to create a custom component or plugin, etc.. to accomplish this as CB does not support frontend user creation. You would need to login via backend in order to accomplish this, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 weeks ago #130913 by kbotnen
Hi.

Im looking for a solution to the same problem. So I will pursue this thread a little bit more.

to accomplish this as CB does not support frontend user creation.

I didnt quite understand this one. When I click my "Register" menulink (frontend) when not logged in, then I can create a new user (me), which is the usual / normal / preferred way to create a user?

Scenario / what I need to be able to do:

Subscripted managers should be able to login to my site (frontend) and start adding their resources (human people). But as the thread starter I face the problem with when being logged in, "registration form" is not available anymore :/

In opposite of the thradstarter I dont even reach the registration page.

-K-

14 years 3 weeks ago #130939 by krileon
You can't reach the registration page when logged in; you're already registered. It is possible to create users anywhere with the help of CBs API, but will require a frontend such as a form to submit say username, password, etc... our document subscriber Facebook and Twitter plugins do this so you may want to review them for their registration functions. It's not possible to make an extension or plugin to allow something as such; it is just not currently available.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn