search user bu keywords

14 years 1 month ago #128844 by micheljrjulien
search user bu keywords was created by micheljrjulien
I'm using community builder 1.2.1, I would like to have a search field name keyword on the user list, that will search through all the fields on community builder, is that possible?

Thanks
Michel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #128889 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:search user bu keywords
You're wanting a single search box that will search all fields on userlist? Sorry, no this is not possible; each field has its own specifically formatted/designed/coded search field.

It might be possible for you to create a new CB fieldtype plugin which will create a field only visible on userlists to search which performs a LIKE search on all fields in database. Recommended to review ajax text field and file fieldtype document subscriber plugins for examples or cb.core.php as all CB fieldtypes are stored there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 weeks ago #130852 by jakobe75
Replied by jakobe75 on topic Re:search user bu keywords
this would be the holy grail of cb searching!

14 years 3 weeks ago #130853 by jakobe75
Replied by jakobe75 on topic Re:search user bu keywords
not trying to hijack here, but I have a pseudo-solution to this, as I too need a "unified search box"

searching some of my users by username is fine, but others are listed as business name. which makes searching for a particular service is impossible.

this was my workaround to be able to have users search for keywords instead of username.

make a text field and call it Keywords.
set it as accessible by the necc. users and set it to be searched.

drop a note In there that says
"Fill out some keywords so others can find you"

you can even set it to be required and have it appear at registration.

assign this field to appear in the cbuserlist that you are linking to.

then set your cb userlist search to option #3 advanced search.

Now a user can go to the list, type in a keyword into the keywords fields and set the drop down to "contains phrase" then perform the search.

results will appear.

Hope that helps a little.

now If I could find a way to allow searching of the keywords field but not have it appear on the userlist display.
(gonna create another topic for that)

Post edited by: jakobe75, at: 2010/04/22 17:17

14 years 3 weeks ago #130950 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:search user bu keywords
This is actually doable with a new fieldtype plugin. The field could be designed to search multiple fields. We do have plans to redo the userlist system for CB 2.0, but currently this is likely the only solution.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn