Moved site to new URL Address, CB not working

14 years 4 weeks ago #130283 by jroseland1985
Moved site to new URL Address, CB not working was created by jroseland1985
I was working on a site of mine in a subdirectory of my main hosting account (www.ciliconsolutions.com/mmjmarket/) I recently decided to move the site to a permanent URL address (www.ebudmarketplace.com). This domain is also hosted on the same GoDaddy account & hosting plan.

Steps I took
1. Renamed the /mmjmarket directory to /ebud using FTP
2. Configured the permanent domain to point to the /ebud directory in godaddy cpanel
3. My site then appeared at www.ebudmarketplace.com & at www.ciliconsolutions.com/ebud
4. I logged into the admin>Global Configuration to update the path routes to the new /ebud directory
5. Since I am still on the same hosting account I am using the same MySQL database

I am now having the following issues
a) 2 of my major components (Virtuemart & Community Builder CBsubs) do not work (whenever I click on a link into either component I get internal server error page - screenshot attached) at the main URL address (www.ebudmarketplace.com) but they do work at the sub domain address www.ciliconsolutions.com/ebud
b) I am only able to access the site admin at www.ciliconsolutions.com/ebud/administrator I can access the administrator from the main URL address

I've searched the forums some for a fix to this & haven't really found anyone with a comparable error. Where did I go wrong??

Template: MyStore by TemplatePlazza
Joomla: 15.15
Hosting: GoDaddy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 weeks ago #130308 by krileon
Please examine your server error logs. Internal server errors are rather broad and cover a massive range of possible errors. Without reviewing your server error logs there is no telling exactly what is happening. The best approach is to take note of what time it is, reproduce the error, review error logs for that time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 weeks ago #130330 by jroseland1985
Replied by jroseland1985 on topic Re:Moved site to new URL Address, CB not working
How do I access my server error logs? I'm using godaddy hosting?

14 years 4 weeks ago #130336 by nant
jroseland1985 wrote:

How do I access my server error logs? I'm using godaddy hosting?

Different hosters have different access methods.

You need to search or open a ticket with them about this although I would think its available in their knowledge-base.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.427 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn