CB content module horizontal display

14 years 3 weeks ago #130688 by sunjeev
CB content module horizontal display was created by sunjeev
how can i display the cb content module horizontally?

Post edited by: sunjeev, at: 2010/04/20 02:57

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #130738 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB content module horizontal display
You can display it anyway you want.... it's a substitution textarea. It supports complete substitutions (see tutorials in signature) as well as HTML. If you're wanting the CB Menu within CB Content as Horizontal then you'll need to add CSS to your Joomla or CB templates CSS file to float each LI so they line up next to one another (example as follows).

[code:1]
.module .cbMenuList .cbMenuULlist .cbMenuItem {
float: left;
}
[/code:1]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 weeks ago #130781 by sunjeev
Replied by sunjeev on topic Re:CB content module horizontal display
Hello

I've added the code you suggested to my joomla template.css file
but the module still displays vertically.

14 years 3 weeks ago #130791 by krileon
It was merely an example. The module does not display any particular way. Again the module is just a textarea. You provide it with the substitutions and its content. The CB Menu loading within it is a substitution to load the display of a Tab (tabs found in Tab Management). That is simply how the tab is setup to display. It maybe possible to edit the CB Menu plugin with Plugin Management and set it to use Menu Bar, but it likely will miss its styling.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 weeks ago #130867 by sunjeev
Replied by sunjeev on topic Re:CB content module horizontal display
krileon wrote:

It was merely an example. The module does not display any particular way. Again the module is just a textarea. You provide it with the substitutions and its content. The CB Menu loading within it is a substitution to load the display of a Tab (tabs found in Tab Management). That is simply how the tab is setup to display. It maybe possible to edit the CB Menu plugin with Plugin Management and set it to use Menu Bar, but it likely will miss its styling.

:lol: :lol:

Hi again,

I've messed around with the plugin settings but no success. Any suggestions?

14 years 3 weeks ago #130980 by krileon
Sorry don't know what to advise; you'll likely need to make custom CSS to style it how you're wanting. CB Content simply renders the tabs/fields as they'd be seen on profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn