Portrait image upload only avail. with paid sub?

14 years 1 week ago #130773 by flmwebfreak
Just a quick question. I downloaded the community builder for free. I only need to retrieve address, phone, email, etc. I'm not trying to create a connection site or forum. It's more for a partnership program with our television site. I think the portrait image is neat, but do I need to purchase or pay a subscription fee for it to work? That's fine, just wanted to know if that's why it isn't working for me.

My version is: 1.2.1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 week ago #130777 by nant
flmwebfreak wrote:

Just a quick question. I downloaded the community builder for free. I only need to retrieve address, phone, email, etc. I'm not trying to create a connection site or forum. It's more for a partnership program with our television site. I think the portrait image is neat, but do I need to purchase or pay a subscription fee for it to work? That's fine, just wanted to know if that's why it isn't working for me.

My version is: 1.2.1

First upgrade to CB 1.2.2 - it is also free.

To do what you want, you don't need anything else.

Just create whatever new fields you want in CB Fields management area, assign them to an existing tab (or create a new tab to assign them to via the CB Tabs management area) and specify if these fields are to appear during registration or not.

Just explore the backend and you should be able to figure things out.

14 years 1 week ago #130794 by flmwebfreak
Replied by flmwebfreak on topic Re:Portrait image upload only avail. with paid sub?
Thank you so much for the quick reply. I've been in the backend quite a bit, and the image upload or profile pic was already there, and when I try to upload one as a front-end user it just won't do it.

Here is the link to the page, and you can create an account to test to see what I mean if you'd like.

contact.tv/cms/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&Itemid=29

14 years 6 days ago #130976 by krileon

I try to upload one as a front-end user it just won't do it.

Could you please be more descriptive? Enabled debug mode? Maximum error reporting? Any errors present? What happens when saving profile with an image to be uploaded selected? etc....

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 hours ago #131592 by flmwebfreak
Replied by flmwebfreak on topic Re:Portrait image upload only avail. with paid sub?
There is no error message. I have started at the registration form (I disable it there) but when I log into my dummy profile and try to upload and image I get no success message NOR do I get an error message. It just keeps the default avatar picture there.

14 years 1 hour ago #131615 by krileon
Please check the CB Workflows module while logged in as a moderator/administrator. It is very likely you've image approval set to Yes. You can find the parameter Require Upload Image Approval at Joomla Backend > Components > Community Builder > Configuration > Moderation. You can verify an image requires approval by observing the default image in place and seeing the clock icon in the bottom right of the image indicating it is pending.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.357 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn