[SOLVED] users cannot edit profile in fron end

14 years 3 weeks ago #130778 by mlangtry
Well, I have the latest Joomla and the latest CB, paid for the subscription and added in the extra plugins offered, and now my users cannot edit their own profile.

I am running on xampp local host.

all the db tools check out
I have the privacy plugin disabled (it was enabled)

I have set the users to allow editing of their profile and moderators to edit profiles. (allow user to edit... =yes)

I have looked every where in the supplied docs and on the forums and on google to no avail.

the ability to edit the profile dissappeared after I suscribed and added the modules and plugins offered with the subscription.

I can provide all the info you need to help me out, but I need this ASAP.

TIA

Mike L.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/22 18:37

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #130782 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:users cannot edit profile in fron end
Could you please be more descriptive of the issue at hand? Users ability to edit their profiles disappearing is not very helpful. :( Is there an error? What happens when trying to safe profile? Are links to edit a profile visible? Have you created the mandatory Joomla CB menu link? Please see help us help you within my signature. Need further information about your installation, thank you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 weeks ago #130792 by mlangtry
Replied by mlangtry on topic Re:users cannot edit profile in fron end
>>Could you please be more descriptive of the issue at hand? Users ability to edit their profiles disappearing is not very helpful. Is there an error?

No error, when a standard user is logged in and clicks on the CB Profile link in the menu, the fields arte there and all the tabs and extra fields that I created, all show up fine, but they cannot change any of the fields, to add new info or edit existing...

Screen shots attached, of front end (regular user) and back end of admin)

I had it all set up and working fine (front end addition of additional info on profile page by registered user) and now all of a sudden it will allow admins to edit info on the back end but not users on the front end.

Also, the logon redirect to the profile page is not working. (another screen shot of config page attached)

Let me know if you need more... ;-(

ml

Post edited by: mlangtry, at: 2010/04/20 22:00

Post edited by: mlangtry, at: 2010/04/20 22:01

Well, I cannot seem to attach screen shots to this post large than 499pixels which is useless...

How can I get the screen shots to you?

ml

Post edited by: mlangtry, at: 2010/04/20 22:02

Well I've copied back an older install and the "Edit Profile" button is back but now a couple of days work of customizing is gone, fcuk I hate this!

I will not be recommending Joomla to ANYONE! vent vent vent... :-(

Post edited by: mlangtry, at: 2010/04/20 22:37

Well after yet another re-install (i am getting good at re-installing) I figured out that the menu has to be enabled to see the "Edit Profile" menu item, DOH.

Another day in Joomla hell!

Thanks for your help.

ml

Post edited by: mlangtry, at: 2010/04/21 01:26
Attachments:

14 years 3 weeks ago #130975 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:users cannot edit profile in fron end
I recommend closely reviewing you documentation as basic (and some advanced) setup of CB is provided in great detail. CB is simple yet complex; out of the box is functional but to meet custom needs will take time and work. Please take note that editing core files is NOT recommended and I advise leaving core code as is. If you wish to add new functionality it is only officially supported by way of API usage in CB plugins or otherwise using triggers (see tutorials in signature).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn