CB show Kunena Special Rank Images in Profile

14 years 3 days ago #131216 by itgl72
Is there a way to show the kunena forum's rank images in the CB profile that are custom?

I know you can see ADMINISTRATOR and MODERATOR in the profile and the image associated with that. But we have costume, special rank's and images on our forum and would like those to show in the profile page too.

Maybe a setting I am overlooking?

Thanks...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 days ago #131310 by itgl72
Anyone offer assistance?

Im also noticing on users that are not admins/mods that their custom images are coming up as no image found. Yet it seems to come up fine inside forum.

14 years 2 days ago #131361 by krileon
This should already be available. Please upgrade to CB 1.2.2. Ranks should be displayed appropriately by way of forumrank field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 days ago #131390 by itgl72
Please understand, I am unable to go through an upgrade right now. It's taken a long time to get this site to work the way we want it. It's perfect right now and time does not allow for testing and all that business again.

Upgrading discussion put to rest... Lets continue with the original post's question.

The profile page will show admin/moderator of a user even if they have a special rank associated with their account. We want their special rank to display, not their admin or moderator rank.

1. Is this the way it was designed to work, is it a bug, or is there a tweak of some sort I can select to make it work the way it logically should?

2. Why do the images not show up for the user's special custom ranks on their profile page? The images show in the forum fine. The title in text displays fine in the profile page just not the image.

Help and Why?

14 years 1 day ago #131509 by krileon
It's possibly a bug with an older release, please upgrade; if you've performed core edits then am sorry, but we don't support them. You'll be on your own as far as attempting to fix the issue. It maybe possible to download CB 1.2.2 and extract just the forum plugin then copy/paste/replace in an attempt to obtain latest. I can not advise further unless you've an up to date release for me to attempt to duplicate the issue on and fix (if need be).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 22 hours ago #131540 by itgl72
Thanks, I appreciate you willing to help.

Here is what I have discovered so far.

On the profile page, the line that is listed as forum ranking looks for the rank image in the default template location:

\components\com_kunena\template\default\images\english\ranks

However, we're not using the default template but a custom one. Our custom rank images are pilled out of:

\components\com_kunena\template\MOC2.0\images\english\ranks

I assume this can possible be edited somewhere in some file if you can confirm, and tell me what file and where to look?

I placed one of the images from the custom template into the default templates ranks folder and noticed it did show up once I brought up a user's profile page.

SO, that is why the images are not showing for standard registered users.

I am however still unclear as to why it is showing Admin/Moderator ranking for those that are mods/admins on the website on their profile page when they do have a custom rank and image associated with them in kunena.

Is it possible this profile page's forum ranking system is pulling all data out of the default template?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn