How I can Add custom fields in the Group Creation Form

11 years 1 month ago #222912 by bi4life69
Hi, I need to add some new and custom attributes when I create a Group. Is It possible and how?

Paolo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #222938 by krileon
You'd need to develop a new GJ integration to utilize GJ triggers and add inputs to the group edit form. Reviewing existing integrations for examples of how to do this. The About integration is the most simple and probably best to start reviewing it first.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #222974 by bi4life69
Can You please tell me which files are involved?

Regards
Paolo

11 years 1 month ago #223001 by krileon
All the GJ integrations found at the below location will be relevant in learning how to create your own.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/plugins/

I suggest starting with the About integration found below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/plugins/cbgroupjiveabout/

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #223056 by bi4life69
Thank Krileon,
please, can you just tell me also which is the php file that display the "create Group" form?
Is there a map that describe the meaning and the location of the various CB/GJ files?

Thank you in advance
Paolo

11 years 1 month ago #223155 by krileon
GJ template files can be found at the below location. Editing the template and adding new inputs will do nothing except display those inputs as it has no code to handle their storage.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates/

You can edit the display and storage process in GJs component file, but I do not recommend this as we do not support core edits and you run the risk of breaking it. It's best to do this through integrations.

Is there a map that describe the meaning and the location of the various CB/GJ files?

No.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn