Error

Please login first

CB right for this task?

14 years 2 months ago #126808 by ufo_hk
CB right for this task? was created by ufo_hk
Hi,

I want to setup a community site, once users have registered I want to provide each user a unique URL in their profile. So that when they click on this link the page they get has specific content.

The unique url in the profile would be added to each users profile by site admin not by the user.

Is using CB for this task appropriate? or should I be looking for something else.

Thanks
Henk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #126864 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB right for this task?
This is very doable with CBSubs, you can make a field editable by only moderators or admins via backend by making a field Read Only; even better is to use CB Privacy and setting the field to not be Read Only and instead protect backend edit for moderators only via CB Privacy plugin (available to document subscribers). Please note Read Only fields can only be edited from Joomla Backend under User Management followed by editing the user.

You could also have the link generated automatically if the unique attribute in the link is something like user_id using delimiter field and substitutions. Please see example as follows.

[code:1]
www.domain.com/index.php?option=com_mycomponent&task=user&id=[user_id]
[/code:1]

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/15 19:54

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #126903 by ufo_hk
Replied by ufo_hk on topic Re:CB right for this task?
Thank you for quick reply I certainly will give it a try now.

Again thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn