[SOLVED] Admin Edit Profile Not Saving

13 years 9 months ago #136679 by rudievs
Hello,
I've Googled and read through almost all the forums trying to get an answer for my problem (also did most of help info with no success)

My users can edit from front end and save new/updated info, but from the admin side i have some custom area's that is not visible in front-end, but if i type in or make selection and click on save, nothing happens. Refresh screen takes all the info away.

please help!

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/15 20:53

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #136742 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Admin Edit Profile Not Saving
The save button is not functional? Please search as this has been addressed numerous times. Whether it be 3rd party extension conflict via Fatal JS error or PHP related error.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137666 by MAIM2210
Replied by MAIM2210 on topic Re:Admin Edit Profile Not Saving
rudievs wrote:

Hello,
I've Googled and read through almost all the forums trying to get an answer for my problem (also did most of help info with no success)

My users can edit from front end and save new/updated info, but from the admin side i have some custom area's that is not visible in front-end, but if i type in or make selection and click on save, nothing happens. Refresh screen takes all the info away.

please help!

I also have got the same problem, nobody here to help us?

13 years 9 months ago #137683 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Admin Edit Profile Not Saving

I also have got the same problem, nobody here to help us?

Read my previous post, it's been addressed numerous times. It's from a 3rd party conflict causing generally fatal JS errors which will prevent CBs buttons from working. This could be a 3rd party installed plugin, a Joomla system plugin, etc....

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137806 by rudievs
Replied by rudievs on topic Re:Admin Edit Profile Not Saving
What ended up working for me was re-installing the CB core file and then it worked!
all the other geeky mumbo jumbo didn't work, alot of "coding talk" but no step-by-step explanation in lay-mans terms.

13 years 7 months ago #141339 by cyberkimmie
Replied by cyberkimmie on topic Re:[*NOT* SOLVED] Admin Edit Profile Not Saving
I am having the same problem 'rudievs', except that I have reinstalled all the CB core files and it *still* won't save. I am also having problems with the "display" function at the bottom of the page. I can edit anything related to Joomla from the back-end, even the users.... but nothing related to CB from the back-end... including the "display" feature.

I chose CB because it was recommended in all the other forums, for the abundant forum support. If I like it, I will pay for the subscription in the future, but not before I try it. I want to make sure this is the software for me.

Any help would be better than nothing at all.

Thanks! :)

Post edited by: cyberkimmie, at: 2010/09/05 12:25

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn