[SOLVED] FB plugin kills site

14 years 3 weeks ago #129599 by rodsdesign
[SOLVED] FB plugin kills site was created by rodsdesign
Hi, sorry for the dramatic subject line.

When the FB plugin is enabled, the only thing that loads on the page is the login (in right position) but it stops where the FB icon would appear.

Setup: latest installs of everything. site works fine without fb plugin.

Using the cb_login in vertical (not horizontal)

I searched but couldn't find anything like this error... anyone seeing this?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/28 21:27
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #129717 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:FB plugin kills site
This only happens because of the bug found here . Please perform the fix and see if issue persists. If so please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting followed by reviewing and providing any errors within your server error log which might pertain to the situation.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/09 15:12

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 week ago #131130 by hapner
Replied by hapner on topic Re:FB plugin kills site
I have the exact same problem when the Facebook Plugin is published.
www.joomlapolis.com/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/cblogin-4b50e5fe581ad602110ac8820ebe018d.jpg

Twitter Plugin works flawlessly.

My system built on following params:

Community Builder 1.2.2
CB Facebook Connect 1.0 RC3
PHP 5.2.13
Joomla! 1.5.15 Stable
Joomla Template JA_PURITY 1.2.0

I have made the change to cb_modlogin discussed above, though my module was set to vertical.

I have tried unpublishing System Plugins/ CB Plugins.
All to no avail.....

14 years 1 week ago #131325 by krileon
Please PM backend Joomla login credentials and will take a look when time permits.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 days ago #131595 by krileon
Enabling debug mode revealed you have a conflict with some other extension that is including Facebooks library. Was able to identify the conflict as the extension com_autotweet. I have given you a special release that prevents the Facebook library from loading if the classes are already present. Please keep in mind you are using com_autotweet Facebook library so use at your own risk! This extension should be fixed not to load Facebooks library. We will be investigating renaming the classes within Facebooks library to prevent future conflicts.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

14 years 6 days ago #131597 by hapner
Replied by hapner on topic Re:FB plugin kills site
hi kyle,

thanks for the quick response and fix....i thought it may have been the autotweet component that was causing the bottleneck.

hapner

Post edited by: hapner, at: 2010/04/28 18:32

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.848 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn