CB Facebook Plugin RC3 can not sign in or link

14 years 6 days ago #130744 by hfhs
Just upgraded to CB Facebook RC3 from RC2 (which was working fine) and I can't get it to work. I get a quick blank popup and nothing happens. I even tried creating a new fb application with new API and Secret keys. No help. I've also tried deleting and re-installing the plugin. And I've tried re-installing RC2. Same problem.

I'm using Joomla 1.0.15

Thanks for any help

Sorry..I put this topic in the wrong folder

Post edited by: hfhs, at: 2010/04/20 17:39

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 days ago #130751 by hfhs
Solved the problem.

I had a Facebook script for a Fan Box Widget running in another module. It seems that RC3 and the fb widget script are conflicting. After removing the widget the RC3 plugin is working.

As a side note, I was not having a conflict with a fb widget with RC2.

14 years 6 days ago #130753 by krileon

I've also tried deleting and re-installing the plugin. And I've tried re-installing RC2. Same problem.

As a side note, I was not having a conflict with a fb widget with RC2.

lol, these two statements kind of go against one another. Nothing was changed from RC2 to RC3 in Facebooks API to cause such a conflict. Facebook API should only ever been included 1 time; would seam your module is too also importing Facebook API. I recommend removing the module or editing the module to use the API included by FBC (it does provide a usable API for external applications). This should simply be a matter of removing the include(PATH) (could be require, require_once, or include_once as well);

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/20 18:06

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn