[SOLVED] Open Graph

13 years 11 months ago #131906 by rdaman123
[SOLVED] Open Graph was created by rdaman123
I haven't seen any mention of FB's April 21 announcement on their developers blog about their new privacy policy and Open Graph.

I really like the way users will now be notified before they elect to move forward.

Also, the possibility of grabbing images jumped out at me.

I've heard conflicting things about FB Connect being killed. I'm guessing this isn't entirely true, but clearly, Open Graph is the future for FB.

Have you guys had a chance to look at it?

If so, can you give us your thoughts? And plans, if any?

Thanks much.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/05/05 20:30

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #131928 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Open Graph
We've already a new integration underway to take advantage of the new API (OpenGraph). Their new data policy allows permanent storage of user data once the user has given consent (upon login in the integrations case). This is due to Facebook essentially giving data ownership back to the user themselves and deciding where that data goes (very good thing). So in short, yes it's on the way. Please note even with Facebooks new data policy we only obtain public data that previously is also permanently store-able.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/05/01 16:19

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #131963 by rdaman123
Replied by rdaman123 on topic Re:Open Graph
More power to you!

I'm not sure I'd know what to do with more than name, profile pic, and email sync, yet anyway.

Hopefully, this will be their last change of mind ;)

Here's an interesting app created w Open Graph already:
zesty.ca/facebook/

13 years 11 months ago #132149 by dgodfrey90
Replied by dgodfrey90 on topic Re:Open Graph
Any timeline for the new release? I really like the new social plugins for facebook like the dogpile and especially the log-in with pictures option. The most promising one for my needs is teh Live Stream option...if this could be integrated for CB that would be totally awesome!

I do not want to keep downloading the connect plug-in and having to reprint the documentation every couple of weeks as I have been doing. A timeline would help greatly in planning.

Thanks,

Derek

13 years 11 months ago #132189 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Open Graph
Sorry we've no timeline for such release. We are working with more then just Facebook for our next release. We are currently roughly planning a consolidated Connect plugin allowing instant login via multiple providers (not just Facebook and Twitter). We certainly for the Facebook aspect are using OpenGraph of course. There's no need to continue to re-print documentation however for each new release of FBC; simply install over your current installation and you're good to go.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #132255 by dgodfrey90
Replied by dgodfrey90 on topic Re:Open Graph
Thanks for the update. You guys are doing a good job, just some of us are a little impatient for certain cutting edge features :D

Keep up the good work.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn