Facebook pluggin error

13 years 11 months ago #132735 by rbolivar
Facebook pluggin error was created by rbolivar
Hi all,

I enabled the facebook pluggin and I have the following issues:

1) I dont see the facebook button unless I login in CB.If I login I see the button LINK. I would like to see the facebook sign in for users thatare not logged in

2) Once I log in and click on LINK I get the following error:

The Facebook Connect cross-domain receiver URL (cocktailanyone.com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/xd_receiver.htm) must have the application's Connect URL (www.cocktailanyone.com/) as a prefix. You can configure the Connect URL in the Application Settings Editor.

My website is www.cocktailanyone.com/ and I used that same path in Facebook, settings, connect

Please help,

Thanks,

Rosa

Post edited by: rbolivar, at: 2010/05/10 22:27

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #132793 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Facebook pluggin error
The error is saying the address you're viewing the site at cocktailanyone.com/ does not match the Connect URL for your application www.cocktailanyone.com/. Yes indeed the www will make a significant difference. You should redirect users to www version of your site (or non-www version if you prefer).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #132813 by rbolivar
Replied by rbolivar on topic Re:Facebook pluggin error
Ok that error went away thanks!

Now I have another problem.

The facebook links (link, login) show only AFTER I login to my site using the CB login.

How do I enable the facebook login so that it shows BEFORE i login with CB login?

Thanks,

Rosa

13 years 11 months ago #132922 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Facebook pluggin error
It is not showing properly because there appears to be errors on your page. Seams you're attempting to load the login module via iframe or something of the sort? Not sure how your drop-down link functions, but appears Facebook security will not permit it.

[code:1]
Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL www.cocktailanyone.com/ from frame with URL www.facebook.com/extern/login_status.php?api_key=21fb9d1505248d18fab481127cfe605b&extern=0&channel=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cocktailanyone.com%2Fcomponents%2Fcom_comprofiler%2Fplugin%2Fuser%2Fplug_cbfacebookconnect%2Fxd_receiver.htm&locale=en_US. Domains, protocols and ports must match.
[/code:1]

This error will prevent it from displaying or even working if it did display.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/05/12 21:23

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn