Popup window closes after login

13 years 10 months ago #135425 by sfraise
Replied by sfraise on topic Re:Popup window closes after login
Now I'm getting reports from members stating that they can't unlink Facebook after they link.

I'm looking into it now, I use memcached and wonder if maybe it's just getting stuck in the cache for a while?

Is their username supposed to revert back to their regular CB username after they unlink, or is it just stuck as facebook_ forever unless an admin changes it back?

Post edited by: sfraise, at: 2010/06/11 21:03

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #135436 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Popup window closes after login

Is their username supposed to revert back to their regular CB username after they unlink, or is it just stuck as facebook_ forever unless an admin changes it back?

Their name will not revert. A user will know they are unlinked when the page refreshes and it says "Link" or "Sign in" instead of "Unlink". They can confirm and review this by navigating to their Facebook account and observing the authentication is no longer there for your application.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #135450 by sfraise
Replied by sfraise on topic Re:Popup window closes after login
Ahh I see.
In that case I think I'll remove the option to link existing profiles and just use it for new accounts.

Thanks again for all the help, CB rocks.

Do you guys have anything in the works for developing this plugin any further?

13 years 10 months ago #135574 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Popup window closes after login

Do you guys have anything in the works for developing this plugin any further?

Yes, it will be completely upgraded to use the new OpenGraph API provided by Facebook as well as additional stability and security.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn