Invalid API key specified

13 years 10 months ago #135394 by AdminPL
Invalid API key specified was created by AdminPL
Hi,

have the following problem:

If I want to use Facebook Connect is always this error:

""... Invalid API key specified

The application you are trying to access does not exist or has been disabled. ...""

According to Facebook Forum may have to do with the change in the API (change from API-Key to API-ID).

Is there already for the CB Plugin an update or an idea for a solution.

Greeting Jan

Post edited by: AdminPL, at: 2010/06/12 16:41

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #135449 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Invalid API key specified
You did not specify the correct information. Current FBC uses Facebooks Restful API which is still active and used. You need to provide the API Key and API Secret for this to work. Please review your documentation as step by step installation instructions are provided.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #135481 by AdminPL
Replied by AdminPL on topic Re:Invalid API key specified
Hi Krileon,

thanks for the quick reply.

I'm once again gone through the installation guide.

Since the error was still there

I have now uninstalled the component MyApi.

It looks like there is a minor problem.

Now the Facebook plugin works without any problems.

Greeting Jan

13 years 10 months ago #135508 by AdminPL
Hi,

have now tried the Facebook plug-ins with the JavaScript SDK to implement in my site

But then I have the same problem as with the use of MyApi.

Is there an "API" in the CB plugin I can use?

I assume that the problem is based on the double connection to facebook

Greeting Jan

13 years 10 months ago #135566 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Invalid API key specified
It's not possible to use double the API. If the login module is present on the page you are attempting to use the API on you can use FBC API).

[code:1]
$facebook = CBplug_cbfacebookconnect::getFacebookAPI();
[/code:1]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #135689 by AdminPL
Hi,

've just tried it with my attempts to know.

unfortunately I did not make it the social plugins to run

It looks I have to wait for a version which supports JavaScript SDK.

developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/javascript/

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn