Invalid Email

13 years 10 months ago #135484 by Leo51
Invalid Email was created by Leo51
Well it might seems that I'm the only one still having issues with CB Facebook Connect and CB Twitter connect.

I have re-downloaded the plugins to ensure that I have the latest versions and yet I get the invalid email upon registration with twitter.

And while twitter will login OK, I still can't get CB Facebook Connect to login and I have install it on a fresh site just for testing. Its the same Error

* Facebook ID not present!

There can't be conflicts because I tested with only CB and I would really like this thing to work because I upgrading all of my Joomla 1.3 to 1.5.

Thanks, Fred

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #135612 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Invalid Email
Please PM backend Joomla login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #135668 by Leo51
Replied by Leo51 on topic Re:Invalid Email
I already did that both for my FACEBOOK account and one of my sites and your response was:

"This is an issue on Facebooks end with their API; we're not sure how long it will take for them to resolve the issue, but we will continue to investigate. Unfortunately such issue is out of our hands, sorry. Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member"

yet it seems to me that other peoples own is connecting.

However, unless this issue is caused by my server because I have tried on several accounts and its the same problem even on an account that I tried with only CB and the CB Facebook Connect so there should be no conflict, but the twitter plugn works on every site except for the invalid email address and I'm using the download available from my account.

I have three downloads of the CBFBC plugins, unzip1st_CBFBC_1.0RC, unzip1st_CBFBC_1.0RC3, unzip1st_CBFBC_1.0 and the only version which connects once for the first time after a new installation and then never again is this version "unzip1st_CBFBC_1.0RC3".

The setting is not complicated unless the issues is with my server or at facebook. However, I'm sending you the credentials for another site.

Fred

13 years 10 months ago #135694 by krileon
Not quite sure what the problem is. I was able to successfully login with my personal account perfectly fine. Are you clicking the "change" button when FBC informs you of what email it is to provide to your site and then setting it as something invalid? Validation checks are still performed and users won't register with invalid emails. You may also want to take note that none of your users aside from 2-3 have Names, the field is blank.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/06/15 15:06

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #135695 by Leo51
Replied by Leo51 on topic Re:Invalid Email
I'm not sure about this line "Are you clicking the change button when FBC informs you of what email it is to provide to your site and then setting it as something invalid?"

Where is this option? I have to be missing it because I can't seems to remember seeing this change button. Now I'm looking all over facebook and still not seeing that.

Sorry, but could you please guide.

The users with no names, its because I started this pen pals site a very long time ago and I don't think that joomla/Mamabo was out yet and there was no way to control that. I imported those users from the oldsite when I created the new site using Joomla.

Thanks

Post edited by: Leo51, at: 2010/06/15 15:43

13 years 10 months ago #135829 by krileon

Where is this option? I have to be missing it because I can't seems to remember seeing this change button. Now I'm looking all over facebook and still not seeing that.

When attempting to login via FBC for the first time a pop-up is displayed informing you to allow or deny the connection. In this pop-up it informs you your email is needed and requested of you. Next to that is a "change" button letting you change the email address FBC gives to the site, if that email is invalid, the connection will fail. It's also possibly you've configured your Facebook account to have excessively high security preventing the access of your email address which is required for the synchronization.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn