Facebook connect problem

13 years 10 months ago #136371 by manish2k9
Facebook connect problem was created by manish2k9
Hello,

I have followed the document properly and installed the facebook connect plugin. After clicking on facebook sign-in button, it opens a new window where I have to enter the facebook username and password. Everything is fine upto here. After entering the facebook username and password, the page refreshes and goes back to the home page where I again have to go through the same process.
No matter how many times I do, I end up at the same page. I tried to unpublish CB/Joomla Plugins one by one but facebook connect just refuses to work.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #136383 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Facebook connect problem
Please set your Joomla template to the default template then set within Joomla global configuration Debug Mode to on and Error Reporting to maximum. Once done please try to attempt to login and review any on-screen errors, thank you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #136416 by manish2k9
Replied by manish2k9 on topic Re:Facebook connect problem
I received this onscreen error on the facebook login page. DOn't understand what it means..

The Facebook Connect cross-domain receiver URL (www.gsport.co.za/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/xd_receiver.htm#fname=_opener&%7B%22t%22%3A3%2C%22h%22%3A%22fbCancelLogin%22%2C%22sid%22%3A%220.238%22%7D) must have the application's Connect URL (gsport.co.za/) as a prefix. You can configure the Connect URL in the Application Settings Editor.

13 years 10 months ago #136475 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Facebook connect problem
This means you incorrectly configured the Connection URL within your Facebook Application. Please review the documentation and configure correctly. Please note if you configured it with www and you access your site without www then FBC could/can fail as it's a mismatch (Facebook is VERY strict on things like this). According to the error the following is the case.

Accessed: www.gsport.co.za/
What you configured: gsport.co.za/

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/06/24 19:55

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.889 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn