[SOLVED] button disappears on session time out

13 years 10 months ago #136537 by digiguy1
Hi all,

I have waited a few days, tried various things, but it isn't fixing itself, and I am not either.
What happens is if I log in with CBFB RC3(works perfectly), and wait for a session to expire and click on anything, the normal CB login module (which is fixed in upper right module position on every page) the page kicks me back to the start page, as normal, but the facebook login button is gone. A simple reload of the page brings it back. I have read that it can be because of conflict with another module/plugin, but it does not seam to be the case, as the twitter module doesn't seam affected. Also, if a refresh is all that is needed, it would seam the php for the button is the issue, not another module. All other modules work fine. It has been this way since I installed it with the Full CB install. And went through all the forums for a similar problem before I posted this.

I cannot go live with this great feature disappearing.

Have done:
cache cleaning
database optimization
changed CB plugin orders (which did work for switching order to FBCB before TWCB)

Config
5.2.13 php
CB 1.2.2 all latest modules and installs
only extras(no turning all extensions off other than basic CB does nothing to help)

The easiest I see would be to add a reload() to some window.location somewhere, but not sure where to do it in the cb.facebookconnect.php or maybe in the error handling in your version of facebook.php?
Let me know. Thanks!!!

Post edited by: digiguy1, at: 2010/06/25 16:49

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/06 16:04
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #136543 by krileon
Please switch to default Joomla template and attempt to duplicate your issue. Typically an error message should always display, but only if the template is built properly and has the message tag which the default template does. Once done please review the on-screen error. More then likely there is some sort of mismatch or storage error. If nothing is displayed please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting then duplicate the issue again and review any on-screen errors. If issue persists after doing all of the above please PM backend Joomla access and will take a look when time permits (please note this is Friday and likely won't get to this step until Monday).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #136837 by digiguy1
Hi Krileon,

I did all that, and fixed one error, but minor, as it was the cb.video.php file was not finding the language file, so I changed the reference to the correct language file and I have no errors in debug mode.
I am using ja_barite and tried as you said the ja_purity default, and in debug it breaks the site with a 500 error with a my_pms issue, a database error being caused then(my_PMS error 500), as i don't have it installed. I dissabled the plugin and tab in CB. And still get this 500 error. So i switched back to the ja_barite just to check, still i get this 500 error.
Do I really need to install a pms to get this to go away in debug mode? and since this is not happening in regular mode, is it really why the FBCB button is gone with this issue?
Let me know, i am not opposed to installing it, and not using it, it is just weird that it breaks the site only in debug, and does not give a debug error, but a site 500 error.
Please let me know what is the next step. THanks for the help!

13 years 10 months ago #136879 by krileon

Do I really need to install a pms to get this to go away in debug mode?

No, you do not have to have a PMS installed. Please see Plugin Management and ensure you've the PMS plugin unpublished. In addition to this review your login module and ensure you do not have a PMS selected for notifications.

and since this is not happening in regular mode, is it really why the FBCB button is gone with this issue?

Yes, that's a fatal error. It will kill any other plugin used after the one that is erroring.

It breaks the site only in debug mode, because typically those errors are suppressed. It's not practical to display errors to the end-user on everyday use thus they are suppressed, but under the hood they WILL cause problems. Your site should ALWAYS be properly debug and corrected BEFORE public release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #136887 by digiguy1
HI Kyle,

Thanks for the quick reply. Neither the CB Auto Welcome or Private Notification plugins are Published. PMS notification in Configuration><Connections>Notification Method set to None. As I was not planning on private messages, only via email, and facebook notification.
But good call... we will see...The CB Login Module did have the PMS Pro selected for notification.. Testing again and will let you know.

Of course I am testing it before it goes live. Besides this i am an iPhone developer. Test, test, test, and when your done. Have someone else test. That's kinda the rule right?:) I have about 45 days till it's live, but don't want to do much of it on the beach in Greece in 3 weeks:) I still have a long way to go, so I doubt this is the end of my issues. Thank you very much for the tips, I haven't integrated a CB site before, usually eShops.
So far CB looks great.
I will keep in touch if that solved it. But sounds like you are right, nothing points to the app, and it isn't installed, so it makes sence to though it out that way.

Sincerely,

Kirk

13 years 10 months ago #136930 by digiguy1
Further to this... still working on it, but it is still there...

Post edited by: digiguy1, at: 2010/07/01 13:59

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn