[SOLVED] button disappears on session time out

13 years 10 months ago #137012 by krileon
Have reviewed your installation and it is working perfectly fine. After a session failure it disappears to prevent spam, a reload will bring the button back as you now have a new session. This is intended and nothing to be concerned out. I've also observed the following notice upon attempting to connect.

[code:1]
Notice: Undefined property: moscomprofilerUser::$cb_language in {removed}/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/cb.facebookconnect.php on line 1506
[/code:1]

Such a code line does not exist within the Facebook plugin using the latest release. Please ensure modification has not been performed on the plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #137014 by digiguy1
Ok.. I would like to still have it there, reguardless of spam.. could I do a page reload on return after return to the login page?

Post edited by: digiguy1, at: 2010/07/02 15:47

13 years 10 months ago #137016 by digiguy1
Yes that error was something i was working on before you logged in.. Sorry Yes I know of that and was an additional thing i was working on, after the plugin button quit dissappearing ;) But yes, I only test with factory installed configed files, and that is totally without errors(as there line is not there)

Thanks for checking it out, I have to get on to more pressing issues, if you say it is not because of an issue, if I dont see any other errors.
Thanks Kyle!!!

13 years 10 months ago #137057 by krileon
Correct it's not an issue, but a security feature to prevent spam. The same thing happens with normal CB Login (login will fail instead of hiding the button) as well. Nothing to be concerned about. Simply put sessions expire and need to be refreshed, typically a page shouldn't be just left open for extended periods of time, if so then refresh when returning (closing the browser and having it remember your tabs is best approach as it will reload the pages for you).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137143 by digiguy1
Hello everyone,

For those of you trouble shooting login issues(specifically FBCB connect). Here is the method I use to make sure the login is fresh, and problems are not raised from other issues, like cookies, user info, etc. The order is important as well.
1. Log out of the user to be deleted.
2. In CB Component menu > User Menu > Delete user
3. In CB Component menu > Tools > Synchronize Users
(not totally neccessary, but if you delete a user from the Joomla User manager, it will NOT be deleted in the CB database registry. You will have to do this step then for sure)
4. Joomla > Tools > Clean Cache - Delete all that are there.
5. Joomla > Tools > Purge Expired
6. In Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > remove individual cookies. Do a search for the first few letters of your site, and delete all related. An important one that should show up is faceboook.com x-referer, delete it
7. Full refresh the login page. IF it has all gone well, the Captcha numbers will change.. if not the same ones show up again...
I have just done this 2 times while writing this again, and it works perfect for me to get the FB conformation for permissions, and avoids the Facebook ID not present, and other errors related to all the cookie, user info, cache, etc not being totally clean.

I hope this helps others in trouble shooting.

Sincerely,

Kirk

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn