Session write error

13 years 9 months ago #137215 by angelamac
Session write error was created by angelamac
CB 1.2.2
CB Facebook Connect 1.0

We are getting session write error when trying to login via FB Connect.

Sometimes we don't get any error, the page just refreshes and nothing happens.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137291 by nzimas
Replied by nzimas on topic Re:Session write error
I get the error over and over. persistently.

FB Connect 1.0
CB 1.2.3
CB Subs 1.0.3

Probably will have to switch back to JFBConnect since none of my posts on this topic has been answered.

Professional Website: www.bittingbits.com

13 years 9 months ago #137292 by nzimas
Replied by nzimas on topic Re:Session write error
Btw, one of the illustrations in the PDF file showing an example FB app includes references to Callback and Canvas URL.
It puzzles me that the instructions say nothing about it.
Most likely it has nothionmg to do with the Session write error, but it is quite intriguing nevertheless.

All my attempts to make FB Connect work (several so far) have failed.

Professional Website: www.bittingbits.com

13 years 9 months ago #137429 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Session write error
This generally means you've a 3rd party conflict, something altering session date at the same time FBC is attempting to do so. These issues will be resolved for next release which will not use session methods as well as be using the new OpenGraph API (which also means extremely simplified configuration).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #139487 by angelamac
Replied by angelamac on topic Re:Session write error
so is this fixed in cb 1.2.3? i never could find a complete changelog for 1.2.3

13 years 8 months ago #139622 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Session write error
angelamac wrote:

so is this fixed in cb 1.2.3? i never could find a complete changelog for 1.2.3

Doesn't really have much to do with CB, it's the plugin that needs a new release. You can try upgrading to see if this will resolve your issue however. Document subscriber incubator project CB Connect features the latest Facebook API usage however if you wish to use it (also provides google friend connect).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn