Facebook Connect remembering deleted users

13 years 9 months ago #138166 by girlscoutsjs
Facebook Connect remembering deleted users was created by girlscoutsjs
I seem to be having several issues with this plugin. I think they're probably minor and setting based, but not sure.

When I first registered for the site under my own name, I used the Facebook Sign-In option and it worked perfectly. I made a change to my user name (which I now know is a no-no) and the Facebook button no longer worked.

I erased the user account, intending to start fresh. I log into Facebook, go back to the site and click the Facebook Sign-In option and it tells me "Error. Please enter a usermame:"

If I log out of my Facebook, the first time I click Facebook Sign-In I get an error "Facebook ID not present!" When I click a second time I get the Facebook login. When I log in to Facebook, I get the previous "Please enter a usermame:" error

Another error that I'm having may or may not be unrelated. If a user already has an account and logs into to the Joomla site and then clicks the Link Facebook button, they receive the error "An error occurred with Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore Region Portal. Please try again later." This error is from Facebook.

So, in other words, the plug-in for me works perfectly if it's a new users who is registering for the first time using the plug-in. In all other variations of use I'm having significant issues.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #138221 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Facebook Connect remembering deleted users

If I log out of my Facebook, the first time I click Facebook Sign-In I get an error "Facebook ID not present!" When I click a second time I get the Facebook login. When I log in to Facebook, I get the previous "Please enter a usermame:" error

This means your Facebook ID didn't properly store to Session. Possibly due to syncing, deleting, logging in numerous times.

Another error that I'm having may or may not be unrelated. If a user already has an account and logs into to the Joomla site and then clicks the Link Facebook button, they receive the error "An error occurred with Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore Region Portal. Please try again later." This error is from Facebook.

More then likely an issue with Facebooks API, as stated numerous times Facebook is working to phase out their older API in favor of their OpenGraph API. They however are doing this at a faster pace then the developers.

So, in other words, the plug-in for me works perfectly if it's a new users who is registering for the first time using the plug-in. In all other variations of use I'm having significant issues.

Please PM backend Joomla login credentials and will take a look when time permits.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #138238 by krileon
I was able to login perfectly fine using Facebook. This includes synchronizing an existing user and creating a new account entirely from Facebook. I also do not see any fatal type errors present that would stop FBC. I've cleared the FBC cache which may or may not resolve your issue as it may have been due to a bad cached XML of your Facebook data.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #138291 by girlscoutsjs
Replied by girlscoutsjs on topic Re:Facebook Connect remembering deleted users
krileon wrote:

I was able to login perfectly fine using Facebook. This includes synchronizing an existing user and creating a new account entirely from Facebook. I also do not see any fatal type errors present that would stop FBC. I've cleared the FBC cache which may or may not resolve your issue as it may have been due to a bad cached XML of your Facebook data.

What about a user who has already been linked but their account on Joomla has been deleted and a new one created? (That's my situation due to testing).

I can't signup new or link because I either get the usermame error or "Facebook ID already in use or account mismatch! Please Logout and attempt to Sign in through Facebook."

I'll try the linking with someone else here to see if there are other internal issues.

Is purging the FBC cache different that the regular purging of cache in Joomla? If so, where would that be done?

13 years 9 months ago #138300 by krileon

What about a user who has already been linked but their account on Joomla has been deleted and a new one created? (That's my situation due to testing).

Yes I tested this scenario using demouser1 (now deleted). It worked perfectly fine. Was able to sign in as expected.

Is purging the FBC cache different that the regular purging of cache in Joomla? If so, where would that be done?

Purging of FBC cache is done in the same way you purge Joomla cache. You'll see the Facebooks cache folder when purging. Simply check it and purge assuming cache is present that is.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.528 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn