[SOLVED] Blank Screen Facebook Connect Plugin

13 years 8 months ago #140619 by bingle
Hi,
I've installed the Facebook Connect plugin today and all works fine... except that I get a blank screen after clicking "Allow" in the facebook dialogue. This only happens when I have a facebook session open already. If I refresh this blank page, I end up where I expect to be on the user profile with the user registered. How do I avoid this blank screen? It's fine if I don't have a facebook session running.

Also the user's photo is not pulled in from Facebook. Is this normal?

You can see the behaviour at www.gutmicrobiology.com/About-Us/overview.html (make sure you have a facebook session open)

The login box is at the bottom.

I have all the latest editions of Joomla, CB and the plugin.

Any ideas?

Max

UPDATE (25/08/2010): Changed nothing overnight and now the FB connect either does nothing, produces "Please enter a username:" or says "session write error!" on a white screen. At least I am able to reproduce many of the errors mentioned in this forum. Can someone please help!

I have removed the offending plugin from the site for now because I can't have something like this going on.

Post edited by: bingle, at: 2010/08/25 15:46

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/09/29 20:45

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #140732 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Blank Screen Facebook Connect Plugin
This is typically due to the outdated API usage. We're working to develop a new plugin with the latest Facebook API. For the time being I recommend using document subscriber incubator project CB Connect (see Doc-sub tab of your profile for link to incubator) which features the latest Facebook API usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #142927 by miamiman
Replied by miamiman on topic Re:Blank Screen Facebook Connect Plugin
Question re: Outdated API usage?

Just purchased the subscription package to get the cb_fbconnect plug-in. And... you guessed it: It ain't working.

I too get fb_userid errors, session errors, blank pages unpon log-in, etc.

Should I give it a rest until you've finished with the new release?

THanks,

Latin Press
Miami, USA
www.latinpressinc.com

13 years 7 months ago #143009 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Blank Screen Facebook Connect Plugin
We're releasing the new version today, so will be a short wait, but yes you'll need the latest release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #143031 by miamiman
Replied by miamiman on topic Re:Blank Screen Facebook Connect Plugin
Thank you Kyle.

I'll download it in the next 24 hours and keep playing with it.

Latin Press
Miami, USA
www.latinpressinc.com

13 years 7 months ago #143118 by bingle
Replied by bingle on topic Re:Blank Screen Facebook Connect Plugin
Thanks for this Kyle. I appreciate your hard work on this. I will download and give it another go soon.
Kind regards,

Max

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn