"Illegal variable" error on connect

13 years 8 months ago #141580 by alan_p
"Illegal variable" error on connect was created by alan_p
Hi,
I am attempting to use the FB & Twitter connect plugins on a newly set-up site. I am experiencing a similar issue with both of these. Previously I had installed MyAPi. I discovered that when I installed the CB FB connect plugin, it wasn't doing anything - i.e. when you clicked it, nothing happened. I un-installed all the MyApi component, modules, plugins etc. Now when I press the FB login button I get the FB login dialogue box. However, when I press login I get the following error:
[code:1]
Illegal variable _files or _env or _get or _post or _cookie or _server or _session or globals passed to script.
[/code:1]
I then need to restart my browser in order to load the page again.
Thanks for any help,

Alan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #141641 by krileon

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #141672 by alan_p
Replied by alan_p on topic Re:"Illegal variable" error on connect
OK - thanks. Believe it or not I had tried Google before posting on this forum. Results were that it could be down to something I had installed as you say. However, I have now tried un-installing everything except CB, checking that all the associated plugins & modules were also un-installed. The problem is still there. I thought therefore it was worth a shot on this forum in case it was an issue with the CB plugin itself or some way I had configured it.

Anyway, it seems likely it may be down to the fact that I originally set the site up locally & transferred it. As it's still at an early stage, I'll try starting again from scratch with a fresh Joomla install.

13 years 8 months ago #141677 by alan_p
OK - here's what I have done now:

Emptied the mysql database by dropping all the tables via phpmyadmin
Deleted all files, including hidden files
Uploaded latest Joomla release & unzipped
Installed using the empty database
Installed my template
Recreated sections & categories
Recreated menus
Installed JCE
Recreated one frontpage article
Installed CB & modules
Create profile menu link
Sync users
Install CB-FB plugin
Publish & configure, enable Login module plugin integration

Same problem as below. Tried clearing browser cache, tried different browsers & different machines. Tried changing template to one of the standard ones.

I am now officially stumped. Have given up on the plugin for now & gone back to myapi, as this seems to work. If anyone has a similar issue & solves it, let me know.

Alan

13 years 8 months ago #141687 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:"Illegal variable" error on connect
Is there more information on the error within your server error log? Specifically what file? Line of code? Error seams too broad to give any idea of where it's coming from.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #141745 by alan_p
Sorry - I realise there's nothing really to go on. The only access I have to server error logs is through the cPanel web interface. There are no relevant entries.

I can't really attempt to recreate locally as I can't really point an FB app to my port translated home connection...

Will have a think about it.....

Alan

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn