[SOLVED] Website "down" after installing CB FBC

13 years 8 months ago #142131 by egattocs
Hi

I've just installed the Facebook Connect component and followed the instructions in the readme's and a post in another thread to another user from krileon (thank you!) explaining how to work with the new Facebook API.

After configuring it, I set the CB Login module's CB Plugin field to 'Yes' and I am now getting the following when navigating to my site's administration URL - 'Illegal variable _files or _env or _get or _post or _cookie or _server or _session or globals passed to script.'

The wierdest thing is that I can access the front end of the site with other browsers right up until I try to access the administrator area again, then I receive the same message anywhere on my domain within that browser, which is particially odd as I installed this into my develeopment site and once visiting the development admin area, I can't even see the live site :blink:.

I have backed up the SQL database and the site today, is this something that could be fixed by restoring the SQL database, or is there something else I should try?

Thanks in advance!

Post edited by: egattocs, at: 2010/09/15 15:35

Post edited by: egattocs, at: 2010/09/15 16:27

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/09/16 14:14

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #142133 by egattocs
UPDATE - This definitely only affects the site once the user tries to go to the administration area on the development site. I've tried it in Firefox and Chrome, and both times I can navigate to the live site front end, live site admin, development site front end, then once trying to get to the development site admin, the whole domain just displays 'Illegal variable _files or _env or _get or _post or _cookie or _server or _session or globals passed to script.'.

I haven't gone to the development admin yet in IE and can still access the whole domain without issue.

Also, clearing the cache etc fixes the problem, until visiting the development admin again.

Post edited by: egattocs, at: 2010/09/15 15:35

Post edited by: egattocs, at: 2010/09/15 16:06

13 years 8 months ago #142144 by krileon
Ensure Joomla (1.5.20) and CB (1.2.3) are up to date. If you're using Joomla 1.6.x then it might not work, never tested, so please use a stable J1.5.x release. Please also ensure you're running PHP 5.x and not 4.x. 4.x is end of life and no longer supported.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #142201 by egattocs
Replied by egattocs on topic Re:Website "down" after installing CB FBC
Thanks for the reply. I'm currently running Joomla 1.5.20, CB 1.2.3 & PHP 5.2.8, so I don't think that's the issue. I will try to disable FBC without using back end (I should be able to do that though MySQL). If I can get access to the admin area again after that, then I'll see if I can find something else that it could be, but to be honest, I don't really know what I'll be looking for.
Apologies again for starting a new thread, I hadn't spotted the previous one before starting this one.

13 years 8 months ago #142224 by egattocs
Replied by egattocs on topic Re:Website "down" after installing CB FBC
I was able to disable the plugin using MySQL and regained access to back office. After looking through the settings, the API key wasn't the correct key, after changing it and republishing the plugin, it allows access to the whole site without issue.

Thanks for your help. :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn