connect plugin and API- is this out of date

13 years 8 months ago #142134 by zevstub

This is likely an issue with Facebooks old API which they no longer support. We're preparing a new release of FBC that uses Facebooks opengraph API.

Please tell me if this is correct: Since Facebook changed their API, the FB connect plugin I downloaded yesterday cannot be set up until you release the new update.
True, or am I missing something? When is the update expected?
Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #142135 by egattocs
Replied by egattocs on topic Re:connect plugin and API- is this out of date
I was able to set it up using the following instructions from krileon: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,141948/catid,117/
I've encountered an error since then, but I think it's probably unreleated to the set up with the new FB API.

13 years 8 months ago #142168 by krileon

This is likely an issue with Facebooks old API which they no longer support. We're preparing a new release of FBC that uses Facebooks opengraph API.

Yes this is still the case. The new FBC is under security review and will release shortly afterwords. We've been very busy and are working as quickly as possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #142965 by cgijoe
Is there any update on this - it appears that the manual is out of date and I can not get the integration to happen - many of the items are no longer available in FaceBook Application set up - so it's difficult to tell if it's set up correctly or it just doesn't work. Currently My installation gives me the login page - but doesn't appear to do anything.... :unsure:

Please Advise

13 years 7 months ago #143034 by krileon
New release with new documentation and instructions is coming out today. Please download once announcement is made.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn