Skip to Content Skip to Menu

FBC1.1 legacy User logged in F - Signin showing

13 years 7 months ago #143338 by qrQq97y3P2yS
When traditional user is logged in the facebook icon remains as "sign in." The documentation still shows that it should be "link" icon. Is the documentation correct or is the program working correct?

Trip-G Software

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 7 months ago #143339 by nant
qrQq97y3P2yS wrote:

When traditional user is logged in the facebook icon remains as "sign in." The documentation still shows that it should be "link" icon. Is the documentation correct or is the program working correct?

Documentation needs to be fixed.

13 years 6 months ago #146134 by researchware
Replied by researchware on topic Re:FBC1.1 legacy User logged in F - Signin showing
The model your are using for the Twitter login and what the FB Connect documentation says is more intuitive to have the FB sign in button change from "SignIn" to "Link" if an existing CB used is already logged in. In the next release of the CB Facebook plugin after 1.1, please consider making this work as described in teh documentation and to be consistent with the Twitter plugin.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #146146 by krileon
FBC 1.1 will always show Sign In, whether they are logged in or not to Joomla. There is no "link", it is strictly Sign In (although if logged in it WILL synchronize the Facebook user with the Joomla user). You're welcome to make any additions you'd like as the plugin is not encoded if this is not acceptable for your needs. The same applies to next twitter release.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/12 21:09

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon