How does CB Facebook connect work with CBsubs?

13 years 5 months ago #146852 by paulo_bettencas@yahoo.com
How does CB Facebook connect work with CBsubs? was created by paulo_bettencas@yahoo.com
Does this plugin works well with CBsubs?

How does it work, the people can be automaticaly assign to a free plan?

Thanks,
Paulo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #146904 by krileon

Does this plugin works well with CBsubs?

Yes.

How does it work

It will automatically register a user on your site and log them in using their Facebook credentials. It affords them the ability to join multiple sites without having to constantly re-register.

the people can be automaticaly assign to a free plan?

No, you must allow free users otherwise when logging in they'll be prompted to select a plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #169297 by sleve76
Hi Krileon,

I was wondering if you could advise me here. I have CBSubs installed and I just installed the CB-FB Connect plugin/ The installation was a success. But then I continued to follow the step by step directions on CB FB Connect pdf and after I created the app on FB and saved the secret key etc from FB, I went to the site URL to see if the FB login button was there but the whole url was blank. Then I went back to the FB Connect parameters in the CB plugin manager and the page showed only a white screen with a few parameters and no way to save them (I've attached a screenshot)

Do you have any advice for this scenario?

Thanks,
Eve
Attachments:

12 years 9 months ago #169488 by krileon
Please ensure you're using latest FBC. That was a bug that would occur if CURL or JSON was not available. Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration. Once done re-visit FBC parameters and you should see the appropriate error. Please contact your host and have JSON and CURL enabled; they are absolutely required, no work around.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn