Not able to log in

13 years 4 months ago #148864 by staein
Not able to log in was created by staein
I'm having difficulty using the FB plugin. I believe I followed the steps correctly, but when I try to log in as a Facebook user (who already has an account on my site), I get a blank home page. Looking at the error by editing index.php, I get

[code:1]Fatal error: Call to undefined function json_decode() in (server path)/messianicisrael.com/httpdocs/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/api/facebook.php on line 442[/code:1]

If I try to log in as a FB user that does not yet have an account on my site, nothing happens. No user is created and the login module is still the same.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #148893 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Not able to log in
Your host does not have json installed, please contact your host to have the json module installed and enabled for you. FBC will not work without JSON and cURL (Snoopy will attempt to function over cURL, but you should use cURL).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #148905 by staein
Replied by staein on topic Re:Not able to log in
Ah thanks. I'll have that adjusted shortly.

13 years 4 months ago #148911 by staein
I've gone ahead and updated my PHP to 5.2 and can now click on the FB Sign In button. When I do so as a registered user, I get this error (in debug mode - outside of debug mode the page refreshes without logging me in):

Site Debug mode: CB redirection with error "This e-mail is already registered. If you forgot your password, click on the Forgot your password link and a new password will be sent to you." without empty output

When I try to use the FB Sign In button as a non-registered user, the page refreshes twice, but I am still not logged in and no account is created.

Thanks again!

13 years 4 months ago #148948 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Not able to log in
The reason you can't login is because you have a user registered on the site already with the same email address specified in your Facebook account. Best approach is to login as that user and click the FBC sign in button. Have you also installed JSON? This is still required even with PHP upgrade.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #148986 by staein
I upgraded to the latest Joomla 1.5 (had been at 1.5.10) install and now it seems that I can connect a registered user to a Facebook user, but I still get no change when I try to use the FB button as an unregistered user (the page refreshes and the FB button turns gray for a second, but then goes back to blue).

According to phpinfo, json version 1.2.1 in enabled.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn