Already Registered Error Logs Me Out of Facebook

12 years 9 months ago #168902 by TracyWelch6
My site is both new users and legacy users (people registered before I installed CB Facebook Connect). I happen to be a legacy user myself. Here's the issue I'm seeing. I have multiple tabs opened in my browser because I always have Facebook opened.

When I go to my site, and hit the Facebook Login button, it throws me an error like it should, saying I'm already registered. But it then logs me out of my facebook session in the other tab.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening. I can live with it, but for other members, it's not very user friendly.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #168952 by krileon

Is there a way to prevent this from happening. I can live with it, but for other members, it's not very user friendly.

Unfortunately no, when clearing your Facebook session on-site it also clears it everywhere else. This is simply how Facebooks API functions. Without doing so you'd be stuck in an infinite loop of attempting to re-login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn