Fatal error when using CB Privacy Plugin.

13 years 6 months ago #143209 by techiegirl
Fatal error when using CB Privacy Plugin. was created by techiegirl
Hello,
I am using Joomla version 1.5.20 and Community Builder version 1.2.3 I renewed my document subscription and installed CB Privacy 1.0 RC2 today. After I published the plugin however I am unable to access frontend profile editor for any of my test users. When I click the "update your profile" link I receive this error message.

"Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/'MySite'/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprivacy/cb.privacy.php on line 692."

This is what is displays in lines 690-699.

// if ( false ) { //TBD: NOT NEEDED as handled at tab level ?
$tab =& $this->_getTab( $field->tabid );
$privacyEditFE = $tab->params->get( 'plug_cbprivacy_frontend_edit' );
if ( $privacyEditFE ) {
if ( ( $privacyEditFE == 1 ) || ( $privacyEditFE == 2 ) && ( $_CB_framework->myId() == $user->id ) ) {
$result = false;
}
}
// }
}

I'm hoping this is an easy fix as I am a novice when it comes to the actual coding. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #143273 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Fatal error when using CB Privacy Plugin.
Appears you've a field on a tab that does not exist or is not published. Please review your fields and the tabs they're on. Disable tabs 1 by 1 until resolved is a good test as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #143343 by techiegirl
Replied by techiegirl on topic Re:Fatal error when using CB Privacy Plugin.
I disabled all tabs except for the tab that is originally named "contact info" as it wont allow me to but it still produces a fatal error. I went through my plugins and found the conflict is somehow between The Cb Privacy plugin and a third party Profile manager plugin that I am using. I am in the process of rebuilding on a separate test site in hopes of locating the exact conflict. I will post later to let you know my results. If you have any other ideas I'd be more than happy to attempt B)
Thank you for your help so far.

13 years 6 months ago #143374 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Fatal error when using CB Privacy Plugin.
No idea what your profile manager does, but sounds to be the culprit if it's not rendering profiles correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn