Advanced Profile Control

17 years 1 month ago #33498 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
Flipsider wrote:

Mikko, what about JACL or whatever it is? What if I want to use that one PLUS this one, will there be any problems and what will actually change etc.

I plan to make it easy to integrate to JACL and later to joomla core ACL. This will not be included in the first demo or tester release, but probably will be in the first production release.

mikko
The topic has been locked.
17 years 1 month ago #33560 by rpitera
Replied by rpitera on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
mikko -

I'd like to see if your Advanced Profile Control will allow me the following scenario.

I have three levels of users, guests(public), basic(registered) and premium(authors). I'd like to have all the tabs VIEWABLE by all the users, but allow basic users to be able to edit or change things in some tabs and premium users be able to edit or change things on ALL the tabs.

This would allow me to have some features like CB Profile Galleries available to basic users and others like the AJAX Sandbox available only to premium members, because the premium members would be the only level (besides admins/super admins of course) that could access the editing front-end.

If this is the kind of thing APC would make possible; I am ready to test, beta, purchase - whatever to get my hands on it.

And if it doesn't, what would a project like that cost <G>?
17 years 1 month ago #33562 by mikko
rpitera wrote:

mikko -

I'd like to see if your Advanced Profile Control will allow me the following scenario.

I have three levels of users, guests(public), basic(registered) and premium(authors). I'd like to have all the tabs VIEWABLE by all the users, but allow basic users to be able to edit or change things in some tabs and premium users be able to edit or change things on ALL the tabs.

This would allow me to have some features like CB Profile Galleries available to basic users and others like the AJAX Sandbox available only to premium members, because the premium members would be the only level (besides admins/super admins of course) that could access the editing front-end.

If this is the kind of thing APC would make possible; I am ready to test, beta, purchase - whatever to get my hands on it.

It does this.

mikko
17 years 1 month ago #33563 by rpitera
mikko wrote:

rpitera wrote:

mikko -

It does this.

mikko

Damn you're fast :)

How do I get involved? I can tell you for a fact this will solve a problem for my client and they are not against paying for a commercial plugin.

I defintely would like to test this out and get my hands on it as soon as possible. PM if you'd like to trade contact info. I have experience working in test and doing documentation if this sweetens the deal...;)
17 years 1 month ago #33564 by mikko
rpitera wrote:

How do I get involved? I can tell you for a fact this will solve a problem for my client and they are not against paying for a commercial plugin.

I defintely would like to test this out and get my hands on it as soon as possible. PM if you'd like to trade contact info. I have experience working in test and doing documentation if this sweetens the deal...;)

I will be looking for testers in this tread sometime soon. I would assume that I can get a first unpolished works-for-me version on my demo server today.

After this, I will polish it a bit and then look for testers (and if someone is willign to document, that as well)

Currently the backend is the quickest and dirties ever.

mikko
17 years 1 month ago #33565 by rpitera
mikko wrote:

rpitera wrote:

I will be looking for testers in this tread sometime soon. I would assume that I can get a first unpolished works-for-me version on my demo server today.

After this, I will polish it a bit and then look for testers (and if someone is willign to document, that as well)

Currently the backend is the quickest and dirties ever.

mikko

I'll stay subsribed to this thread then, and when the time comes I will be glad to help and if I have time, assist in documentation, english language translations, etc.

Mikko, I can't tell you how happy this is going to make my clients!
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn