Advanced Profile Control

17 years 1 month ago #33325 by imhoteph
Replied by imhoteph on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
Am I right when I understand your project to be something like a combination of your privacypolicy plugin, the profile customizing plugin and this template switcher you releases these days?

Maybe it would be possible to add some configuration input similar to the one on YouTube? You could implement sth. like a div based profile layout an then every div could be given a position on the page. you could allow two columns for example and then have column position 1,2,3,4... and so on. With this way every user could easy create a custom profile layout.

Another thing I'd really love to see would be avatar resizing but I think this concerns your plugin only marginal. This is the only big problem I really have with CB. I just can give maximum width and height not the proportions what leads to inconsistent avatar sizes.

Greetz
The topic has been locked.
17 years 1 month ago #33333 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
imhoteph wrote:

Am I right when I understand your project to be something like a combination of your privacypolicy plugin, the profile customizing plugin and this template switcher you releases these days?

Something like this. I figured a lot

Maybe it would be possible to add some configuration input similar to the one on YouTube? You could implement sth. like a div based profile layout an then every div could be given a position on the page. you could allow two columns for example and then have column position 1,2,3,4... and so on. With this way every user could easy create a custom profile layout.

This would be quite tricky to code without hacking CB core. Also, the current layout options are quite flexible, but people just cannot use them for some reason.

Another thing I'd really love to see would be avatar resizing but I think this concerns your plugin only marginal. This is the only big problem I really have with CB. I just can give maximum width and height not the proportions what leads to inconsistent avatar sizes.

This has really nothing to do with my upcoming plugin.

mikko
17 years 1 month ago #33379 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
MIKKO will there be any hacking of the CB or joomla core, or manual editing of the db with this?

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !
17 years 1 month ago #33394 by mikko
mediaguru wrote:

MIKKO will there be any hacking of the CB or joomla core, or manual editing of the db with this?

No. There is a (currently crappy) administrative panel and the plugin introduces a database abstraction layer - similar to joomfish - to control tab access and layout.

mikko
17 years 1 month ago #33408 by mikko
First demo online on my server. User profile type functionality is turned off because it is not ready yet. Also, next to nothing has been done to polish this towards something that can be released.

I will be looking testers soon.

Comments and feedback are welcome.

mikko
17 years 1 month ago #33495 by Flipsider
Replied by Flipsider on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
Mikko, what about JACL or whatever it is? What if I want to use that one PLUS this one, will there be any problems and what will actually change etc.

De-Karma me... if you dare...
CB Xbox Gamercard Plugin (Gone] - CB Xbox Gamercard Module (Gone)
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn