Advanced Profile Control

17 years 1 month ago #34224 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
No offence taken.

Before release I will document this and this end user documentation can be used also to check what the administrative interface looks like. Support will be provided on my site.

Administrative demo is possible, but I need to figure out a few technicalities before this.

Also, I most likely will request for beta testers. After all, I did not say that the monday release will be final. (I believe that it can be used on production sites during next week, though)

mikko
The topic has been locked.
17 years 1 month ago #34231 by rpitera
Replied by rpitera on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
Glad you understood; and I kind of figured that was going to be your approach but I think the other posters might have been jumping the gun (not that it isn't encouraging to know there's a real market for your work!).

Please feel free to contat me about beta testing and documentation; I stand ready to help in both aspects.
17 years 1 month ago #34248 by tonymillan
Replied by tonymillan on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
rpitera ,

I have seen mikko's work, and i'm pretty knowledgeable in some php/mysql areas.

But like all of us, I lack knowledge in areas where Mikko doesn't lack. Plus, Mikko's has proven to the CB community that he's trust-worthy, and talented. To not trust people like Mikko, can make anyone have doubts.

Personally, I am confident that I can modify his upcoming "advanced profile control" component.

Considering that i've modified even larger components, and that Mikko is trust worthy, I dare say - "i'm ready to buy this component".

If anyone wants to see my current site, feel free to send me a pm, and you'll see my hacks.

B)

p.s. - i'm available for testing mikko
17 years 1 month ago #34839 by fernandoch
Replied by fernandoch on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
Is it available for downloading? And would it help me with that issue?

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,34753/catid,27/
17 years 1 month ago #34840 by p9939068
Replied by p9939068 on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
rpitera wrote:

Well, I think that's a bit premature to say unless you have had access to something I haven't; I've only seen the front end of this - no back end or even screenshots, so I need a bit more of an understanding of what it can do and how this is accomplished before I'm "ready to purchase" ;) ....

Lol i get alot of emails along these lines when i first started releasing my plugins. See, the thing is, you can safely assume that commercial coders and their products are here "for good". Nobody in the right mind will purposefully put up a faulty product for sale, just for the sake of making quick money. All it takes is 1 post on the forums, and that's the end of it. Mikko's been around for a long time, that much is pretty obvious. Will he intentionally put up a faulty commercial software if he could help it?

If you ask me if i have had access to something you haven't, then yeah, it's "common sense". ;) And i honestly don't think he should get beta testers, unless they've already paid for it. Don't count on "beta testers" to purchase the product after using it for free.

On another note, i'm here to ask if the plugin's gonna be released on the scheduled April 2 date. If it's not, can I paypal the money to you first? I don't mind a "beta" copy since the license allows modifications, but i do need it now, if that's convenient.

One more question: do customers receive updates or version upgrades?

Post edited by: p9939068, at: 2007/04/02 11:18

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch
17 years 1 month ago #34847 by rpitera
Replied by rpitera on topic Re:Advanced Profile Control
p9939068 wrote:

rpitera wrote:

Well, I think that's a bit premature to say unless you have had access to something I haven't; I've only seen the front end of this - no back end or even screenshots, so I need a bit more of an understanding of what it can do and how this is accomplished before I'm "ready to purchase" ;) ....

Lol i get alot of emails along these lines when i first started releasing my plugins. See, the thing is, you can safely assume that commercial coders and their products are here "for good". Nobody in the right mind will purposefully put up a faulty product for sale, just for the sake of making quick money. All it takes is 1 post on the forums, and that's the end of it. Mikko's been around for a long time, that much is pretty obvious. Will he intentionally put up a faulty commercial software if he could help it?

If you ask me if i have had access to something you haven't, then yeah, it's "common sense". ;)

I'd comment on your rudeness, Mike but since mikko understood completely what I was saying, and since I wasn't addressing you, I won't bother. However in the future, you might want to give a little more thought to your replies, you never know when you might be pissing off a current customer. :blink:

"Common sense" is using at least reasonable care to determine whether a particular program is suitable to task before you purchase it. Even if APC works exactly as mikko plans without any bugs whatsoever how would you know for certain whether it would suit your particular needs; since neither I, nor anyone else here, has seen a list of features or screenshots, that would be impossible.

Really guys, don't get your panties in a knot; I wasn't attacking mikko (which HE understood, at least!). All I am saying is that I would like to see the 'rest of the story', that being:

- A full description of what it does
- A bit of a description of how it does it
- A screenshot or two, or a demo of the back end

That's the same criteria I used with all of mikko's other stuff (and every other authors programs I ever used or bought) and exactly what I provided for all the people who used my programs (all freeware, opensource). Do you buy stuiff FIRST and then see if you can use it??

I honestly don't understand why there's even an issue. After all, I didn't buy YOUR Ajax Sandbox plugin (actually had my client purchase it) until I understood how it worked.

THAT'S common sense.

Post edited by: rpitera, at: 2007/04/02 12:34
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.395 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn