[SOLVED] Kunena Updating Signatures Not Working

13 years 7 months ago #141893 by Strite
I'm finding that when I try updating my Forum Signature they stay the same. It's as if the signature field is updating in my CB profile but not in Kunena, so there is no change seen in my actual forum signature, but there is in my profile.

I'm on CB 1.2.3 and Kunena 1.5.12.

Post edited by: Strite, at: 2010/09/11 02:46

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/10/11 21:09

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #141941 by Strite
Replied by Strite on topic Re:Kunena Updating Signatures Not Working
UPDATE - I've rolled back CB to 1.2.2 and the issue is solved. It seems like this is a bug introduced in the latest Community Builder (1.2.3) - quite a major one!

Hopefully you guys can resolve this or post a hotfix.

13 years 7 months ago #142029 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Kunena Updating Signatures Not Working
Install CB 1.2.3 then review Plugin Management. Edit the Forum integration plugin and ensure Forum component is set appropriately. Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting then attempt to save your profile with the signature field changed to see if there is a SQL error or conflict. Could not duplicate locally.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #143647 by Jastray
Replied by Jastray on topic Re:Kunena Updating Signatures Not Working
Hi,

I have a similar problem:

The integration seems to work (personal picture is shown... ) as long as you don't try to change signature, threaded or flat view, older or last first, ...

I have discovered that I have two Forum Tabs:

* Forum Configuration: where plugin column is empty
* Forum: where plugin column says "Forum Integratio"

Both tabs where visible in edit profile, and they have contradictory configurations: threaded view in one tab while flat view in the other.

Also, when I look at the forum tab of any registered user, it says

*This user has no forum posts.*
*No subscriptions found for you.*
*No favorites found for you.*

Do I have to delete one of the tabs?

I have followed your recomendation, enabled debug mode (although I did not found were can I set error reporting to maximun) and I get this error:

500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1146 - Table 'cina_es_junio.jos_kunena_version' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT `version` FROM `jos_kunena_version` ORDER BY `id` DESC LIMIT 0, 1

This is my configuration
Joomla! 1.5.20
Kunena 1.5.12
CB 1.2.3
Forum integration (simpleboard)enabled

I have enclosed a pdf with the complete error message.

Thanks in advance,
Jorge

Attachment 500___Error__500.zip not found

Post edited by: Jastray, at: 2010/10/07 07:13
Attachments:

13 years 6 months ago #143710 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Kunena Updating Signatures Not Working

* Forum Configuration: where plugin column is empty

This is from a previous forum integration. You'll need to remove these either via field management, CB tools, or possible directly editing database.

500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1146 - Table 'cina_es_junio.jos_kunena_version' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT `version` FROM `jos_kunena_version` ORDER BY `id` DESC LIMIT 0, 1

What version of Kunena is installed? This database table should be present on all releases. Please try re-installing Kunena.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #143757 by Jastray
Replied by Jastray on topic Re:Kunena Updating Signatures Not Working
I have deleted the "Forum Configuration" tab.

Now there is only one forum tab on User profile, but when I try to change preferences from the frontend, it still says "profile updated" but nothing really changes.

Regarding the error

My Kunena version is 1.5.12. I have still not upgraded to version 1.6 due to Template issues.

I have used phpMyAdmin and found that actually there are no jos_kunena fields in my DB. They are still named jos_fb and there is a field named jos_fb_version.

So I think the point is to understand why there is a query asking for jos_kunena fields instead of jos_fb ones. Where does this query come from? Is it a CB call or a Kunena one? Because maybe I should be posting this question in Kunena forum

Post edited by: Jastray, at: 2010/10/09 18:22

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn