[SOLVED] retrieving username via cb_login module

13 years 7 months ago #142590 by registryhack
Replied by registryhack on topic Re:retrieving username via cb_login module
I have exactly this same problem showing the exact same screen. I reinstalled cb 1.2.3 and it made no difference. Here is my forgot login page
porsche356registry.org/component/comprofiler/lostpassword.html

Also, when you start typing the email, the button changes and just says "send username" although what it sends is the password. I can't figure out how to get it to send the username.

joomla 1.5.20
cb 1.2.3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #142677 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:retrieving username via cb_login module
For Lost Username and Lost Password to appear you must have Login field type configured within CB configuration on the general tab to Username or Username or Email otherwise it will only display Lost Password. This parameter will determine the layout and structure of the Forgot Login usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #142902 by registryhack
OK, I have mine set to "username, email or enabled CMS authentication plugins". This is required by the phpbb3 bridge. Is there not a way to enable retrieving a lost username with this setting? Why?

Also, the behavior of the button is broken and the general message is confusing as the message mentions lost password but the button says "Send Username/Password". As I said earlier, when starting to type in the email address, the button changes to "Send Username" but when you click it, the email goes out with the password only. Something is just not right here. Any help is appreciated.
porsche356registry.org/component/comprofiler/lostpassword.html

13 years 7 months ago #142903 by breezeboogie
Replied by breezeboogie on topic Re:retrieving username via cb_login module
Kyle's last suggestion worked for me.

Until your issue is resolved, you might consider the workaround I was using. It sucks but it was better than nothing. I'd moved the CB signin from the masthead area to a module position in the right margin. Just below it, I published a link to the Joomla default URL for retrieving username.

BTW, like your site. Don't have a Porsche but I can appreciate them. I have 2 German convertibles ('71 Karmann Ghia and an Audi S4 Cabrio). Maybe one day...

13 years 7 months ago #142905 by registryhack
Thanks a lot Breezeboogie for the suggestion and I will try it as a workaround. But you're right, it does kinda suck and I'd still like some official response to the question of why the retrieval of username is not available with the setting below and about the button text being a bug and confusing - both of which I'd like to see fixed.

13 years 7 months ago #143064 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:retrieving username via cb_login module

OK, I have mine set to "username, email or enabled CMS authentication plugins". This is required by the phpbb3 bridge. Is there not a way to enable retrieving a lost username with this setting? Why?

No, it's like this because the username is assumed known, but this should only happen for "Email Only". Have created a bug ticket for your issue to be further investigated.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn