Email notification sent to custom email address

13 years 7 months ago #141578 by MatrixDonna
Hi there,

Not sure if I'm missing something, but I can't seem to find where in the Community Builder settings I can insert any email that will receive notifications everytime a new user is added/registered.

Please help

Kind Regards:unsure:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #141582 by gussie
I have a similar need. I want to add a "Bcc:" to the email header of the outgoing message to the new registrant Then I will can maintain a running record exactly when CB activates them

Which file do I edit to add the Bcc: line?

13 years 7 months ago #141639 by krileon
Documentation subscriber incubator project CB Emails is your only solution. You'd be able to create a email trigger to send after user registration with substitutions supported as well as TO, CC, and BCC support (plus more). Internal emails such as Welcome or Pending do not support BCC or anything of the sort. New registration emails will send to all moderators who are configured to receive emails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #142107 by gussie
krileon wrote:

New registration emails will send to all moderators who are configured to receive emails.

I guess this is all I am really looking for. Thanks!

I found it by logging into the backend (/administrator) and looking at the profiles of people I want to be moderator. There is a drop-down below the confirm user field called "Receive Moderator Emails"

!! :)

Post edited by: gussie, at: 2010/09/15 03:14

13 years 7 months ago #142111 by gussie
:( I was wrong. The moderators only receive notification when someone APPLIES to register. I also want them to receive a notice when someone's registration is APPROVED. So I am back to looking for a way to add a Bcc: line to the Welcome email. There is more than one person approving registrations at my website so I want to maintain a history of activation timestamps in an admin email account.

I thought I would be able to find something in the activateUser function in administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php

The code seems to already accommodate for Admin notification:
1. $mailToAdmins is set to true
2. The code in the function shows the Admin message being created the same way as the User message

What do I need to do or check so that it the Admins are being sent messages?

Cheers
gus.

I have attached the code of the activateUser function as reference. I cannot seem to use the CODE tags for this

Attachment activateUser_from_comprofiler_class_php.txt not found

Post edited by: gussie, at: 2010/09/15 05:46
Attachments:

13 years 7 months ago #142142 by krileon
I already gave you a proposed plugin to fix your issue, but it's going to take a documentation subscription. If you want to develop your own plugin then that's fine as well, but we are not going to consult you during the development process. Please review tutorials within signature for Trigger usage in a CB plugin. We also do not support core edits so can't help with editing CB directly either.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.490 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn