Categories

13 years 2 months ago #149589 by brian662
Categories was created by brian662
What my client needs is a site where a user can join the community through registration, and within the registration or after the registration, just listed within a category and each of these master categories can have sub-categories and then sub-sub categories.

This is the idea - animal/dog/beagle or plant/tree/maple

So one chooses the category and then the sub-categories for that category are visible for selection when they select a sub-category, the sub-sub-category show up.

Any help or guidance would help.

Thanks

Brian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #149605 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Categories
What you're wanting is Conditional Fields. Sorry, this is not available currently. We've plans to implement conditional fields into CB 2.0, but that is a ways off from now. Only conditional field I've heard of (don't have links) is a Country > State > City type field.

You could actually do what your wanting using CBSubs however as plans are capable of "hiding" fields on registration. So for example you could have 2 plans (Animal and Plant) the user selects Animal and the Plants field hides (and vise verse of course) where user could then choose their type (dog, cat, etc..).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #150855 by agenziae20
Replied by agenziae20 on topic Re:Categories
Great, I hope you will find the time to implement conditional fields in CB 2.0, it would be very useful for us too.
I know we could create different plans with CBSubs but they would be far too many to handle and very confusing, much better to have a few plans/categories and then conditional fields for diffent kind of subcategories.

13 years 2 months ago #150923 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Categories
Am working on a new incubator project that will be available to Professional subscribers to provide conditional fields (display of XYZ fields based on ABC fields value). Can't say when will be completed exactly by hopefully within 1-3 more weeks (am swamped!). CB 2.0 will have conditional fields official implemented, but project is to provide such feature for the time being.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.527 seconds