[#3315] SQL Error when submitting forgot username and pass

12 years 1 month ago #193204 by vptechnology
Hi there. I've been getting the same error since upgrading to 1.8 I did a little debugging and here is some info for you. Error is caused by line 912 in com_profiler\comprofiler.php

if ( ! $user->storePassword() ) {

which is in turn caused by line 1277 in cb.tables.php

$return = $user->store();

The last one throws: You cannot create a user with this User Group Level. Only Super Administrators have this ability

Not sure why since I am simply requesting a new password and not creating a user. I will keep debugging and will probably hack it but rather see a true fix. Plus, I am sure you might be able to address it faster than me :) Thanks in advance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dimi2011

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #193267 by krileon
This is working as intended. CB isn't stopping the password change, but Joomla is. Joomla 2.5 does not allow Super Users to reset their password. However, the error should output instead of just displaying "SQL error:". I've created the below bug ticket to fix the output to display the error properly.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3315

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #193268 by dimi2011
Ok, then. Makes sense. The problem is that it does this w/any user level, even just "Registered."

12 years 1 month ago #193269 by vptechnology
Fair enough Kyle. I actually have 1.5 but that doesn't allow you to change password for SA. However, this functionality (requesting SA password reset) worked fine in CB 1.7. I take it you guys closed that hole? Was that intentional?

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #193273 by krileon

Ok, then. Makes sense. The problem is that it does this w/any user level, even just "Registered."

Then you've some sort of other error present as it works fine for everyone but Super Users in my tests. Are you receiving any other sort of error message? If possible apply the patched files in the ticket I've provided in my earlier post as it'll help expose what error is happening.

Fair enough Kyle. I actually have 1.5 but that doesn't allow you to change password for SA. However, this functionality (requesting SA password reset) worked fine in CB 1.7. I take it you guys closed that hole? Was that intentional?

If you can reset SA password in Joomla using Joomlas forgot login then you should be able to do the same in CB. The error you're getting is coming from Joomla directly and not CB. CB has nothing in place to stop the password change; this is purely Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #193276 by dimi2011
Then you've some sort of other error present as it works fine for everyone but Super Users in my tests. Are you receiving any other sort of error message? If possible apply the patched files in the ticket I've provided in my earlier post as it'll help expose what error is happening.

Well, I'll keep testing, I guess, but when I use the default Joomla login I don't have that problem.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.557 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn