content bot loosing bootstrap formatting

11 years 2 months ago #220703 by apessoa
Hi

WAMP Apache 2.2.22 / PHP 5.3.13 / MySQL 5.5.25 / Win 7 x64
J! 2.5.9 / 3.0.3
CB 1.9 with bootstrap template 1.0.2
CB content bot 2.1 with "template, js, plugin and language" enabled in advanced options
Using either the default J! templates (Atomic / Protostar) and T3v3, GK MusicFree, Gantry 4, Yoo Warp Free, Shape 5 Vertex

I've been trying to use the bootstrap formatting using cb content bot in an article "{cb:[cb:usertab tab="xx" user="#displayedOrMe" output="xxxxx" formatting="xx" reason="xx"/]} for editing one of the profile tabs.
Although I'm able to output the fields for editing (output=htmledit & formatting=table & reason=edit or reason=profile) I can't get the bootstrap template to be used within the substitution - specifically the table row highlights and odd/even highlights.

I've tried all the possible API combination, made several fresh installs of Joomla 2.5 and 3 and tried switching themes from the ones mentioned above.
Nothing works: I always get the standard theme display and even using theme overrides css (custom.css / override.css) and copying the entire bootstrap css there.
I've tried switching all the advanced cb content bot options ON/OFF one by one, clearing caches, checking in, changing browsers, etc to no avail.

CB content bot simply looses formatting and only retains the template formatting not the component (bootstrap) theme.

Any hints on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance,
Alexandre

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #221996 by apessoa
Replied by apessoa on topic content bot loosing bootstrap formatting
sadly, no replies after two weeks.

And when I had a Professional subscription, Kyle usually replied within a day.

I must say that CB team is at leat coherent: if you pay you get support (sometimes a little, sometimes a lot), if not - no support.

Anyway, my own reply (sorry guys): the reason CB does not allow to use the bootstrap template outside the component is because it does not follow (at all) the MVC model.
It's damn hard to create alternative CB views or to isolate parts of it (for example,just a tab and the OK/cancel buttons).
Bottom line, if one has use for the existant views, then go for CB. If one needs a different view, then go for something else (I will not present the alternatives here, you can find them on the JED and in wordpress plugins directory).

Thanks anyway.

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #222011 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic content bot loosing bootstrap formatting
Community forums are not monitored by my self, sorry. I simply don't have the time to maintain free support anymore like I used to as our userbase has grown so large.

Anyway, the reason it's not working in CB Content Bot is because CB Bootstrap uses the CB template container class that surrounds the profile, registration, and a few other areas. Simply put surround your substitutions with the below and it should work fine assuming the CB template has been loaded on that page (latest CB Content Bot has a parameter to enable loading of CB template).

<div class="cb_template_bootstrap">SUBSTITUTION HERE</div>

You can use span or whatever you like really; it just needs to be surrounded by the class cb_template_bootstrap.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #222055 by apessoa
Replied by apessoa on topic content bot loosing bootstrap formatting
Thanks Kyle

You are the best

Do you have an expected schedule for he rlease of CB 2.0? I want to renew my subscription, but only by the time the new version comes out.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.413 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn