Skip to Content Skip to Menu

select options not showing in IE8

• libby
  • libby
10 years 8 months ago #234057 by libby
select options not showing in IE8 was created by libby
Hi
I am using CB 1.9 with Joomla 3.1.5. I have a registration form with two select boxes. These show as blank in IE8.
Initially I thought it was a template issue but I have the same problem with all templates. See attached

Has anyone else had this problem?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• libby
  • libby
10 years 8 months ago #234069 by libby
Replied by libby on topic select options not showing in IE8
UPDATE:
I found in the bootstrap.min.css, the following entry:
select,textarea,input[type="text"],input[type="password"],input[type="datetime"],input[type="datetime-local"],input[type="date"],input[type="month"],input[type="time"],input[type="week"],input[type="number"],input[type="email"],input[type="url"],input[type="search"],input[type="tel"],input[type="color"],.uneditable-input{display:inline-block;height:20px;padding:4px 6px;margin-bottom:10px;font-size:14px;line-height:20px;color:#555;vertical-align:middle;-webkit-border-radius:4px;-moz-border-radius:4px;border-radius:4px;}

if I remove -moz-border-radius:4px;
the problem is resolved.

Any ideas why, given that I thought IE8 ignored that anyway?
The following user(s) said Thank You: plastic1st

10 years 2 months ago #242196 by plastic1st
Replied by plastic1st on topic select options not showing in IE8
THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!!!
I had the same problem + some extra display issues.
Everything is now as it should be with this single CSS line removed :woohoo:

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 1 month ago #242888 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic select options not showing in IE8
Please note there is a known issue with curvey corners (removed in CB 2.0) on IE that can cause blank dropdowns.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3887

Please see the below for a quickfix.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/240-potential-bugs/219270-drop-downs-on-ie-8-not-working?start=6#219512

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon