Importing a custom list to show in the Drop Down Single Select field

7 years 4 months ago #289113 by tomj006
Hi,

I am hoping someone may be able to help as I am really struggling with this.

In the Drop Down Single Select field, I am aware that you can individually add Values to be displayed. However, is there any way to import some sort of custom list.

I my example, I have a list of 200+ organisations that I wish to display as a single select dropdown. As you can imagine, this would take forever to add them one by one.

Are there any workarounds for this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #289125 by krileon
CB Query Field provides a query select fieldtype that can output options based off your database query. If you don't have a database table with your 200+ options already then you can directly import values to the _comprofiler_field_values table as long as you format your inserts correctly (review the table carefully).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #289196 by tomj006
Many thanks for your advice, I will have to give that a go and see how I get on.

Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn