CB My Profile will not open

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #289484 by boatlocator1
CB My Profile will not open was created by boatlocator1
I cannot get CB Profile or CB Edit Profile to open.
I have been through your forums and still cannot resolve this.
To create, I have now done this three different ways.
1) I went to Menus, create new, selected System Links then community builder then My Profile .. This did not work
2) I went Menus, create new, selected Community Builder, CB Profile, assigned to top menu.
It comes up with this address, index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile This also comes up with the same error.
3) I went Menus, clicked on CB Menus, found CBProfile and assigned it to the top menu on my site.
This one came up with the right address prntscr.com/dqgci0
This still does not work .. It still has the same error - prntscr.com/dqgcwh
I have cleared the Joomla cache and browser cache each time but it still wont work.
In Community Builder edit configuration, user profile I have permission set to 'registered' prntscr.com/dqgdz2
I see there has been other posts about this (I have been trying to resolve this all weekend) and realise the URL in Profile should be
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile So I seem to have that right and permissions right but no joy?
Interestingly, I have Set up Edit My Profile and that works?
Hopefully you can offer some help?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #289534 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB My Profile will not open
Are you logged in? Your menu item is set to registered only. You can't access profiles and certainly not your own unless you're logged in due to your settings. index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile will never work if not logged in as well as it shows the viewing users profile and in the case of not being logged in there is no viewing user so they've no profile. Aside from that I've no idea. Try disabling SEF if it's enabled and see if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #289655 by boatlocator1
Replied by boatlocator1 on topic CB My Profile will not open
hi and thanks for your reply
I do have it set to registered and I am logged in, I do not have SEF enabled although I will probably want to.
Baffles me that 'Edit my Profile' works no problems??

7 years 3 months ago #289679 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB My Profile will not open
Don't know what to tell you. You should be accessing your profile from the profile menu item you created or from your login module if you have those links enabled. 400 bad request doesn't make any sense if the URL is correct and SEF is off then you've something installed messing with the Joomlas routing is my guess.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn