Email activation codes not working after update

6 years 11 months ago #293169 by marinicole
I have run into a problem that if a user registered on our old site and older version of community builder and never used their activation code sent to them by email to complete the registration process, now this activation code no longer works with our updated site. It throws an error that they are unauthorized to view this page. Now I don't know how often this would even happen, I mean if someone never finished the registration process months ago, they probably wont now, but I am being told to update the function within the UserTable.php file (getUserIDFromActivationCode) and fix it to where it gives them the correct unscrambled id for their activation code. (Sorry for the run-on sentence)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #293180 by krileon
You can probably empty the activation code in _comprofiler table then resave the user in CB > User Management in an attempt to generate a new activation code. Beyond that I've no idea what to suggest as it's not a scenario we are really accounting for. The activation code is based off your unique site secret and database engine. If either are changed all existing activation codes are invalid.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn