Mass Mailer not working

6 years 11 months ago #293664 by adiehm
Mass Mailer not working was created by adiehm
When i try to send a Mass Email it fails with a message "Email failed to send" in a red bar where the bulk send progress bar would normally be.

The Joomla global configuration "Send Test Mail" works
Contact forms in the front end also work (im using Contact Enhanced for this)

Any clues on how to diagnose this problem

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #293693 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mass Mailer not working
If using SMTP switch to PHPMailer or Sendmail (or try both) then retry. Joomla will fallback if SMTP fails. CB will not and will simply error.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #293708 by adiehm
Replied by adiehm on topic Mass Mailer not working
I found the fault last night. It was actually the browser (Google Chrome) causing the problem. I had to close all browser windows, Open a new session clear history, Close and reopen to make CB work again.

What i did work out was this. CB was tripping up in the file - administrator/components/com_comprofiler/view/view.users.php - public function startEmailUsers () - It would exit via "error: function( jqXHR, textStatus, errorThrown ) {"

Interestingly there was no "errorThrown" - I assume there should have been.

A note for the developers: This function has 2 possible failure points which both return the same error "Email failed to send" I had to make these different to know which route the code followed before failing. Line 342 and line 350

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn