Shopping Cart integration with Community Builder?

6 years 10 months ago #295040 by nettop
I am installing a shopping cart/SSL on one of my websites. We use Community Builder extensively. I'm wondering if there is a good shopping cart that anyone would recommend that integrates with Community Builder. I'm currently planning on using K2 and K2Store. I will be connecting to authorize.net for payments. Any suggestions that take advantage of Community Builders strengths would be appreciated. Thanks, Tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #295057 by krileon
There really shouldn't be anything to integrate unless the shopping cart extension has its own user table like CB and in that case it should be easy enough to push CB data to their user table using CB Auto Actions and a Query or Code action. We don't have any integrations with any shopping cart extensions though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #295407 by nettop
FYI, I am using the shopping cart called HikaShop. They have an integration with AcyMailing, which Community Builder also connects to. Do you think it wise to 'meet in the middle' and use AcyMailing as my user registration? For example, I am going to want someone who purchases a product to save their user profile so they can easily return and make more purchases in the future. I am also using HikaShop to register people for meetings/workshops. If they are members, it would be nice to use their existing Community Builder profile...any suggestions? I'm not sure I would know how to use the CB AutoActions and query... Maybe I could hire you or someone else to help with that if that is the best way to accomplish my goal...thanks for your help, Tim

6 years 9 months ago #295420 by krileon
If you register outside of CB then CB won't know they exist. CB Auto Actions acts on CB triggers so it can not help you with that if they're registering outside of CB. I recommend using CB as your only means of registration then use CB Auto Actions acting on after registration trigger with Code or Query actions to push CB data to your other extensions. Code action will let you execute PHP so you can use those extensions API or you can use Query action to execute database queries to push the information. You'll have to get support from those respective extensions regarding that as I am not familiar with their APIs or database structures.

We do not do contracted work so we are not available for hire to do this for you, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn