Community Builder List

6 years 4 months ago #300158 by Textale
Community Builder List was created by Textale
Hello,

My problem is with the community builder list. This list has been working for probably more than 8 years, but now the users are not showing on the list. The page counter shows how many pages of users there would be, but nothing shows up on the list. I would post the link but the system is now allowing me to do so because I'm new.

It shows pages 1-1346 and I can go to any page, but all pages are blank. The version of Community Builder is 1.2. I would appreciate any advice about how to fix this. Thank you!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #300161 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Community Builder List
Nice to hear that you have been using Community Builder for over 8 years!

We no longer support CB 1.2 !!!

What Joomla version are you using?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Textale

6 years 4 months ago #300187 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder List
Honestly not sure where to begin. There's no real reason for it to stop working if it has been working for 8 years unless something in the environment changed to break it. What was updated recently? You may want to consider at least upgrading to CB 1.9.1, which is the final CB 1.x release, that you can download below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/files

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Textale

6 years 4 months ago #300192 by Textale
Replied by Textale on topic Community Builder List
Thanks for responding guys. We are using Joomla! 1.0.15 Stable version. I have considered upgrading but we have created a special component to work with CB. This component is a text uploader which is basically like a youtube for writers. I'm afraid it would create problems between CB and the custom component (text uploader). We have a small community with 27,000+ users and they have uploaded over 90,000 texts, so I get nervous about messing something up and screwing up the community. Right now we're only 2 brothers working on this project so we don't have a big budget.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated, thanks again.

6 years 4 months ago #300195 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder List
CB Gallery can handle upload and read out of text files. It's also template driven so you can control how those text files would display even more. Suggest taking a look at our demo site to see if that could be something to replace your custom component. Not sure what else to suggest without knowing more details about what your text uploader does.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn