Member's can't login

6 years 2 weeks ago #303621 by jjmmccullough
Member's can't login was created by jjmmccullough
A few days ago I added a new member through the community builder and that user was able to login. But today no one can login to the website. I even had to reset the admin in the phpadmin to get into the admin site. I've run the database tools from Community builder but they reported no errors. I'm using the latest version of Community Builder and am using Joomla 3.8.3. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 weeks ago #303631 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Member's can't login
What happens when trying to login? Page just reloads then nothing? An error is displayed? Ensure live_site in configuration.php is set to '' (empty). Be sure to be using CBs login module and not Joomlas. If issue persists enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration and see if any errors output.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 weeks ago #303638 by jjmmccullough
Replied by jjmmccullough on topic Member's can't login
The site is using the Cb login module. I enabled debug mode but I'm not sure what to examine. I did loook in the log file and the error last inserted was:
2018-04-10T13:49:24+00:00 INFO 71.181.27.145 cookiefailure Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.

6 years 2 weeks ago #303640 by krileon
Sounds like the credentials you're entering are incorrect. The "Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet." error is a Joomla authentication error. Create a new account with username and password both set to testuser then try logging in.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 weeks ago #303644 by jjmmccullough
Replied by jjmmccullough on topic Member's can't login
Yes, I can create new accounts but I have 240 existing members who cannot login. How do I go about fixing the existing members. Id rather not have to recreate the accounts as the current member id's are used in an external system.

6 years 2 weeks ago #303663 by krileon
I've no idea what's wrong with your existing users credentials. Passwords are encrypted by and stored by Joomla entirely. We simply pass the plaintext string to Joomla and let Joomla deal with it. Disable CBs system plugin within Extensions > Plugins and try using Joomlas login module to see if it does the same. If it does suggest posting to Joomla.org forums to see if they've anything to suggest why existing users passwords do not work.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn