[SOLVED] Empty password not allowed.

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310141 by Dragonrider
[SOLVED] Empty password not allowed. was created by Dragonrider
Has anyone got a solution for the "Empty password not allowed." error message that crops up even if I set Community Builder 2.4.0 to provide the new users password?

The site is about to go live and due to changes imposed on me by the volunteer leaders, who have no experience of websites, that the users now need to be admin approved before they can post, I'm now getting the above error every time to test registration out.

Joomla user reg is disabled.

If I allow the user to provide their own password, the same error occurs, and all entered data in the registration form is lost, leaving the new user to start again, if they atill have the interest.

Site is at volunteeringilkley.co.uk if anyone is willing to take a look to offer any advice please.

Thansk in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #310149 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Empty password not allowed.

If I allow the user to provide their own password, the same error occurs, and all entered data in the registration form is lost, leaving the new user to start again, if they atill have the interest.

That's not normal and suggests something is tampering with the user or POST data. Ensure CBs system plugin within Extensions > Plugins is public, published, and order as the first system plugin. If issue persists unpublish non-core CB plugins 1 by 1 in CB > Plugin Management until issue resolves. If still persists repeat with non-core Joomla user plugins in Extensions > Plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #310151 by Dragonrider
Replied by Dragonrider on topic Empty password not allowed.
Thanks for getting back to me.

Ok, I have disabled all non-core CB plugins, no difference.
I have switched to Beez3 template for the registeration page, from siteground template, no change.
I have made sure the CB core system plugin is first in the system plugin list, no change.
I am working my way through the non-joomla core plugins, have a few!

One thing I have noticed is that the test users are added to the list of joomla users, but are not added to the CB list of users. I'm sure I have turned off Joomla registration...

5 years 3 months ago #310152 by krileon
"Empty password not allowed." is the language string JGLOBAL_AUTH_EMPTY_PASS_NOT_ALLOWED. I'm only seeing it used in LDAP and Joomla authentication plugins and neither apply to normal registration. Best I can suggest is unpublish 3rd party plugin in Extensions > Plugins until issue goes away.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310252 by Dragonrider
Replied by Dragonrider on topic Empty password not allowed.
I still do not what has caused this issue. I have tried to disable pretty much every plugin I have without success.

In the end, I re-created the website afresh starting with a brand new Joomla site, completely empty, added the template I wished to use, then Community Builder and once checked this was working, Content Builder. All good.

Eventually I found that ArkEditor seemed to be the culprit as once that was installed, various items stopped working, I also found that I could not uninstall it.

So, third website was created, template, contentbuilder and community builder back on. Re-creating the content from the original site and everything works. Even added icagenda and models plugins/components added. Still working so I will stick with TinyMCE Editor.

Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

5 years 2 months ago #310271 by krileon
Wow, very strange bug to be caused by a WYSIWYG editor. Seams their editor is far reaching into things it shouldn't be. Very strange. I recommend most simply stick with TinyMCE especially now that you can have different editors based off usergroups within its parameters so it has many/all the great features other editors brought except it's stable and simply works.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn